Page 274 of 435 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324374 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 4347
    "Sherlock Holmes"- I'm sure purist fans of Holmes will have plenty to complain about, but this is a very exciting and fun flick. Law and Downey Jr have a great repoire with one another and McAdams is a fun addition to the flick. My main gripe with the movie is that it gets a bit slow towards the end and drags slightly, but overall, it's a great rebirth of the famous detective. Rating- *** out of ****
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Well, I just finished watching Terminator: TSCC season 2. I was correct, the ending left me wanting more. I was sad, frustrated, and REALLY REALLY REALLY angry.

I hate FOX for letting this one die on the vine! They choose "Dollhouse" over TSCC and now Dollhouse has tanked and will not be back, serves them right for picking the wrong show!!!
    May the force be with you.

I watched Transformers 2 the other day, for the first time, and did not care for it. Shame I can't get that 2.5 hours back.

I also watched Up, and thought it was a fantastic movie.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I am a HUGE Terminator fan and loved The Sarah Connor Chronicles!

I have both seasons on DVD myself.

I guess the show ended somewhat setting some things up that fit in the movie timeline, too. But there's a gap:

1) Skynet sends the T-800 back in time starting a time paradox loop I guess.
    2) A John Connor sends Kyle Reese back in time.
    3) In 1984 Kyle leaves Sarah Connor pregnant with a son she names John.
    4) Skynet sends the T-1000 back in time to 1997.
    5) The Resistance sends a T-800 back in time to 1997.
    6) Sarah Connor dies from cancer in 1999
    6) Skynet sends a TX back in time to 2003
    7) The Reseistance sends a T-800 back in time to 2003
    8) The actual Judgement Day happens in 2003, John Connor is 19
    9) The Resistance sends Cameron back in time to 1997, when John is 13
    10) Cameron jumps John AND Sarah to 2007, Skynet has not gone online yet.
    11) Terminators from Skynet, and a mysterious John Henry supercomputer compete
    12) A T-1000 seems to ally herself with John Connor and bring him into the future from 2009 to 2029 (I think) No one's heard of Connor there. He's 16 when he should be 36.
    13) There's a timeline gap???*
    14) In 2018, when John should be 25 according to the last jump from TSCC, he meets up with Kyle Reese who seems to be 18. John seems to be 34 though.

The 10 year gap works with Cameron's jump-over from 1997 to 2007.

However, John should have been 25 and his father 18, instead of John being 34.

THE WAY TO RESOLVE THIS IS FOR JOHN TO RETURN BACK IN TIME to 1984 or around then (yes - when the first Terminator movie took place), but John will be 16 (coming from the future, where he's supposed to be 20 years older there), and he'll witness the events of the first Terminator movie, with Kyle saving his mother, and then perhaps surviving Judgement Day and winding up sending Kyle back in time from when they meet in Terminator Salvation in 2018.

In other words, some upcoming movie (Terminator 6?) must ret-con the very first Terminator movie. Or multiple steps could be taken to re-invent the timeline with another TV series, too.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Watched the standard Christmas movies: A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, White Christmas.

Also watched the Wild Geese. Great 70s action flick.

I just watched Tombstone.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I love Tombstone! Val Kilmer's part is just money. "You're a daisy if you do" is one of my favorite movie lines.

I watched Avatar again. It's playing on base therefore it's only $3 to watch. Still a decent movie. To quote the late great Stilladik it's a good "popcorn movie".
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I love Tombstone! Val Kilmer's part is just money. "You're a daisy if you do" is one of my favorite movie lines.
    I love Tombstone myself, but I have no idea what Doc Holliday's line means.
    Do you?

Still, Val Kilmer stole this movie and every scene with him is always fun to watch. That was Michael Bien (Terminator's Kyle Reese) as most-feared gunslinger Johnny Ringo!

I watched Avatar again. It's playing on base therefore it's only $3 to watch. Still a decent movie. To quote the late great Stilladik it's a good "popcorn movie".
    I thought Avatar was deeper than any popcorn flick. An awesome movie yes, but also something that pointed to the forced eviction of Native Americans and their "Trail of Tears," as well as an insight into how man impacts the environment in a connected ecosystem that we don't fully understand yet.

The movie also illustrates how a guy can develop a fetish for blue chicks in thongs with tails and Hello Kitty ears! (and did I mention great flexibility?)

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    "I'm your huckleberry" is my favorite line. Kilmer should've been nominated for awards for that role.

A few more Christmas movies: Jingle All the Way and Christmas with the Kranks.

* Outpost, starring the guy from Punisher: War Zone. Mercenaries in eastern Europe come across a WWII bunker and disturb an old German science experiment.

* Play Dirty, with Michael Caine. A WWII adventure loosely based on the Long Range Desert Group, which operated in North Africa. I'd been wanting to see this one for a while and finally broke down and ordered it. Not too bad.

* Tae Guk Gi: the Brotherhood of War. A Korean-made drama about two brothers serving in the Korean War. This was one of those movies I passed over several times at the video store before I rented it, and then asked myself why I passed it up. Excellent movie.

* Alien vs. Predator 2: Requiem. One of my go-to movies.

Finally got around to watching Terminator Salvation: Director's Cut on DVD last night.
    Still a pretty good flick. The only difference I noticed was Moon Bloodgood's awesome sideboob.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!