Page 277 of 431 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281287327377 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 4308
    Well, I watched "Deadline" tonight, wasted 1 1/2 hours of my life.
    May the force be with you.

I watched Paths of Glory.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I watched Taxi Driver, which was pretty great. It was pretty creepy the whole time, but in a good way . . . if that makes sense.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Watched both parts of "Doctor Who: End of Time".

This show rarely disappoints and the new episodes were awesome!

Sad to see David Tennant go so soon.

Today I saw Inglourious Basterds and Paranormal Activity. I'm not a fan of how Quentin Tarantino always has to remind how much of a film student he is, so the homages to other movies was grating at times. Still, overall, it was a pretty fun movie. Who doesn't love to see people killin' Nazis?

Paranormal Activity was pretty much a colossal waste of time. Twenty minutes of bickering, some footsteps, rinse, repeat.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I'm not a fan of how Quentin Tarantino always has to remind how much of a film student he is, so the homages to other movies was grating at times. Still, overall, it was a pretty fun movie. Who doesn't love to see people killin' Nazis?
    Yeah, but what are you gonna do, it's his trade mark and people know that going in to see his films. I agree sometimes he goes over the top, most of the time that's the fun, occasionally it's too much.

IB was great fun, I really enjoyed it, Death Proof was the same way, Planet Terror was too "over the top" for me. So it's hit or miss, IMO he delivers 80% of the time and overdoes it 20% of the time.

I wonder how he will do with Kill Bill 3. I have great hope for it, but that's usually when I get let down.

I watched Behind The Lines.

We were fighting Germans then, too - but this was "the prequel."
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    IB was great fun, I really enjoyed it, Death Proof was the same way, Planet Terror was too "over the top" for me.
    Planet Terror was Robert Rodriguez, not Tarantino.

I also (re)watched Inglourious Basterds last night and loved it just as much as the first time, a rarity when it comes to a Tarantino flick. Pulp Fiction is the only other film of his that I've ever had the urge to watch more than once.

I'm just in awe of the dialogue in IB. So well done. QT's dialogue usually has too much of a wannabe hipster vibe for me. It never sounds natural.

The acting is also incredible. I love Brad Pitt hamming it up almost to the point of a cartoon. Melanie Laurent as Shoshanna was great. But the real standout is Chrisopher Waltz as Hans Landa - My God, in just that first scene he is incredible. He'd better get the Oscar for this movie.

Any complaints I have feel like nitpicks because I loved the rest so much.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Planet Terror was Robert Rodriguez, not Tarantino.
    I stand corrected, Rodriguez wrote and directed, Tarantino was credited as a "Producer".

I partook in the original theater versions of the Holy Trilogy. It was the first time that I've seen them on DVD and even to this day they look pretty impressive.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!