Page 279 of 432 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329379 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 4318
    I just watched Alien for the first time. It was pretty enjoyable. Some of the effects were a little dated, but overall I really liked the look of it all. Ron Cobb and John Mollo did some design work, which is probably why it reminded me so much of SW. Many plot elements were reused in the recent Clone Wars episode Brain Invaders, too.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Holy crap, dude, you consider yourself a serious student of film and haven't seen Alien until now? What about the superior sequel?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Holy crap, dude, you consider yourself a serious student of film and haven't seen Alien until now? What about the superior sequel?
    I never said that I was a "serious student of film", just that I am literally a film student. And, no, I haven't seen the sequel. I'm at my sister's apartment in San Francisco and her boyfriend had the DVD, so I watched it while she was at work. I'll get Aliens when I start my Netflix up in a few weeks for sure. But excuse me for trying to watch Akira Kurosawa and Sergio Leone films before getting to these.

Anyway, tonight we saw The Science of Sleep. It was pretty visually interesting, and the dream sequences were often really well done.

[FONT=Courier New]Bought Season 2 of Chuck last night and watched the first 2 episodes. I am so glad they're back early starting next Monday. That show makes the beginning of the work week so much easier to stomach.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]Bought Season 2 of Chuck last night and watched the first 2 episodes. I am so glad they're back early starting next Monday. That show makes the beginning of the work week so much easier to stomach.[/FONT]
    Chuck is back on Sunday AND Monday!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I just watched "9" it was a pretty cool little flick!

Just started watching "The Tudors".
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    Any good bonus stuff on those discs?

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Any good bonus stuff on those discs?
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Dunno. We haven't gotten to that point yet. We have cut down on our DVD purchases in the last few years. Right now we only buy what we KNOW we will rewatch, not necessarily just liked the first time we saw it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Last night I watched Bruno. I thought it was pretty funny and well done, about as good as Borat (they were very similar in style and structure). I'm not really sure why it didn't do so well at the box office - was there kind of a "been there, done that" attitude among people? Also, it was nice since, unlike with Borat, they didn't show every single joke on the commercials, so it actually felt like I was watching a movie for the first time instead of just piecing together stuff I'd already seen.

Joost or Hulu has Captain America. Movie from the 90s that was direct to DVD.

Wow. I mean wow. I have never laughed so hard in my life. So bad.