Page 282 of 435 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332382 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 4349
    Watchmen - again.

Ok. I was pretty harsh when I first saw it in the theater last year and that stemmed from the fact I had an eleven year old with me. Which in and of itself stirred up quite a discussion on how the line R rating has been pushing the bounds of what should be acceptable. Last year I was adamant that Watchmen should have been NC-17. I still stand by that original assessment. I'm on travel by myself and now that I didn't have to worry that my daughter would see things I try to shield her from, I found the second outing far more enjoyable. Its worth watching, but very very adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I watched The Blue Max.
    This is one of my favorite movies. However, I've always been uncomfortable with the casting of George Peppard as the lead character. It always seems weird that everyone was speaking with a German accent except him! He does OK, but I think someone else would have been more appropriate (Who? I'm not sure....but the really got it right with Ursula Andress!! What's not to like about the original "Bond Girl"?).
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

last night my wife and I went on a date night and saw Up in the Air. it was a good flick, very depressing at times as well as light-hearted humor. might even be in my opinion one of Clooney's best pics.

this was the first movie in a long time that actually left me with tears in my eyes as I exited the theater.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

After Fidel Castro’s revolution, a gangster and his cartoonish crew transporting looted Cuban treasury gold are attacked by a weird sea monster in Roger Corman’s awful 1961 horror movie Creature from the Haunted Sea. The animated title sequence poking fun at life in a “banana republic” was the best part of the film.

Scientists band together to stop an evil colleague who has used a stolen corpse to create a monstrous automaton in order to destroy an awakened mummy in the banal 1958 Mexican horror movie The Robot vs. The Aztec Mummy.

TeeEye7, I've watched The Blue Max a few times now and I like the job George Peppard does in it. I suppose I've gotten used to it. His arrogant character is the perfect prerequisite for him being cast as Colonel Smith on TV years later. "I love it when a plan comes together."

I've next watched Flyboys.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Watched "Halloween II" last night (Zombie style, Unrated version).

I have mixed feelings about the film, but enjoyed the film for the most part, certainly worth the price of purchase.

I think Rob Zombie could have used an original title and characters without messing with the Halloween franchise.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Watched "Halloween II" last night (Zombie style, Unrated version).

I have mixed feelings about the film, but enjoyed the film for the most part, certainly worth the price of purchase.

I think Rob Zombie could have used an original title and characters without messing with the Halloween franchise.
    I agree, Sith Killer. I wanted to see Halloween 2 but glad I didn't pay theatre prices. I watched it twice before I had to return it. Between showings, I went to imdb.com and read some of the behind-the-scenes comments before watching it again. Some parts made more sense. But I'm still not a fan of Zombie's vision of Halloween. Give me the original any day.

I do want to see to see unrated director's cut, which I hear has a different ending.

Watched both of the Family Guy SW specials. I like the ANH version better. Had funnier parts to it.

A farm boy (Adrian Pasdar) is seduced and bitten by a pretty vampire and reluctantly joins her hostile “family” of nosferatu but can't bring himself to make his first kill in the okay 1987 horror film Near Dark. Lance Henriksen and Bill Paxton play fellow undead.

During the siege of Tobruk, a British captain (Richard Burton) takes command of an all-Australian unit and leads them on commando raids against German forces under the command of Irwin Rommel (James Mason) in the rather enjoyable 1953 war movie The Desert Rats.

"Fantastic Mr. Fox"- One of 2009's best films. Wes Anderson and BFF screenwriting pal Noah Baumbach have adapted Dahl's work wonderfully as well as expanded on it. The film is incredibly funny, especially for adults ("this has been a clustercuss!") and the voice acting is spot on. I also loved the stopt motion animation which is crisp, colorful, and undeniably gorgeous. I can't really stress how amazing the animation really was and how I hope Anderson does more of this in the future, somehow. Pardon the pun: "fantastic" film. Rating- **** out of ****
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I'm watching The Adventrues of Young Indiana Jones volume 3.

This is much about the aftermath of World War I.

So much of the present-day conflicts were established out of the awful Treaty of Versailles:

• Iraq
    • Iran
    • Israel - Pallestine
    • Syria
    • Afghanistan
    • Vietnam even

The colonialism of Western Europe was at fault for a majority of the problems in the world today (or all of them!).

As the western monarchies were overthrown, the democracies that replaced them were still blamed for the royals' and aristocrats' arrogrant attempts to exploit other peoples and other lands.

And if England hadn't caused enough trouble, the French attitude of entitlement after Germany attacked their sovereignty was way over the top. And all this time, and a second time after that, Germany was only trying to be just like France and England. US capitalism has grown almost as arrogant in more modern times.

Indiana Jones observed all of this as first an insider, and then an outside-objector. Great writing! Very relevant.

To understand current events, you must have an intimate knowledge of World War One. It was never really settled YET!!!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.