Page 290 of 432 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340390 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 4316
    My wife and i watched Juno last night. We got 2 siamese kittens (a brother and sister from the same litter) around the time this movie was released and we named them Juno and Bleeker.

I watched Defiance - one of my favorite movies!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

A nuclear sub captain (Rock Hudson) ferries a British agent, a Russian scientist (Ernest Borgnine), and a contingent of US Marines and their commander (Jim Brown) to the North Pole to rescue the survivors at a remote polar research center and recover a Soviet spy satellite before the Russians do in John Sturges’ watchable 1968 Cold War thriller Ice Station Zebra.

"Cold Souls"- Interesting but difficult film about an actor named Paul Giamatti (played very well by.....Paul Giamatti) who decides to store his soul as it's weighing down his professional and personal life too much. He begins to understand the error of his ways when he loses his humanity, but getting it back will be difficult.

I liked parts of the film; it has some great comedic moments and the concept is pretty solid: soul searching, literally. But I just felt detached and cold during most of the movie. I don't get why he's so upset with his life that he has to detach his soul. I did enjoy the climax of the film as it tied things together and brought new details to light, but the flick is just too disjointed for my taste. Rating- **1/2 out of ****
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I watched Beetlejuice last night. I'd seen most of it on TV before - in fact, I'm relatively sure I've seen all of it before - but I don't think I'd ever sat down specifically to watch it. And this time my friend was talking the whole damn time, so it was less than the optimal viewing experience. Still, I like it a lot.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I watched Valkyrie.

I've seen it twice now. I really enjoy this suspense thriller as rebelling German officers turn against Adolf Hitler and attempt to assasinate the NAZI leader in 1944.

It is the true story of one of 15 recorded attempts on Hitler's life.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

During the Second World War, a British agent (Richard Burton) leads an US Army Ranger (Clint Eastwood) and a team of commandos on an operation to infiltrate a German stronghold and liberate an American general held prisoner in a fortified castle there in the excellent 1969 war movie Where Eagles Dare.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    It is the true story of one of 15 recorded attempts on Hitler's life.
    15!?!?!?! I didn't know there were THAT many!

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    15!?!?!?! I didn't know there were THAT many!
    I thought I gleaned that fact from either the movie, or something I looked up on Wikipedia. Am I mistaken?