Page 291 of 433 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 4324
    Just watched the 70's The Eagle Has Landed on HDNet...starring Robert Duvall, Donald Pleasance, Michael Caine(all playing Germans) & Donald Sutherland(stole the movie; like he did in Kelly's Heroes as Oddball). The movie, I think, is pure fiction from a Jack Higgins novel about a covert German paratroop drop onto the English coast to kidnap Winston Churchill(who is mentioned as being the least protected of all the world leaders during WWII. Also redboxed Paranormal Activity(did nothing for me), Surrogates(waste of 89 minutes...too much like I, Robot), Inglorious Basterds(too arty in places, even for QT...is this a comedy or a drama...not the Dirty Dozen type flick I expected) & my favorite MOON...starring the always great Sam Rockwell & Kevin Spacey as the voice of...well, you have to check it out.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

I'm going to be watching Basterds soon. It's in the cue.

I watched Saving Private Ryan tonight.

Excellent movie. The beach landing guys must be respected!

I know the 101st and the 82nd Airborne take a lot of the glory. I'll be watching them too soon enough.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Let's face it...Ryan didn't pull any punches when it came to the horror of Omaha Beach...not the glorified "c'mon boys!" most WWII movies depicted in my childhood memories.

I just watched "Superman Red Son" motion comics, I downloaded it on iTunes.

I like the style and format but found the episodes to be too short, which would be fine except for the fact that they do opening and closing credits and music every 2-3 minutes.

I would love to see them do the entire series straight through.
    May the force be with you.

I watched Psycho last night, which was the second time I'd seen it. The friend I watched it with had NO idea what was coming; she knew someone was going to get stabbed, but she somehow didn't know one of the most famous scenes in film history. Anyway, as Hitchcock's attempt to play the audience like a fiddle, it certainly worked. (And I heard about the superimposition at the end, but hadn't noticed it last time - that was just damn creepy.)
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Started this one Thursday and finished it Friday evening...

A wealthy businessman (Frank Langella) with a desire to summon the devil and achieve immortality hires a rare book expert (Johnny Depp) to examine the three surviving copies of a three-hundred year-old occult text purportedly co-written by Lucifer himself in Roman Polanksi’s okay 1999 thriller The Ninth Gate.

...and watched another frightfest in a similar vein late last night:

After a farmer uncovers a fragment of beastly remains while plowing his field, a young teenage woman in the village lures others into a coven in an effort to make the creature whole until the local magistrate puts an end to their nefarious plot in the boring 1970 horror movie Blood on Satan’s Claw.

And this morning I was tranported to the Summer of 1940 by this WWII drama -

Using new technology such as a radar, a coordinated early-warning system on the ground to scramble pilots during attacks, and taking full advantage of strategic mistakes by their enemy, the out-numbered, out-manned British Royal Air Force successfully defends the home isles in air battles with the German Luftwaffe which ultimately derails the planned Nazi invasion in the epic 1969 war movie The Battle of Britain. Laurence Olivier, Michael Caine, and Robert Shaw star along with an impossibly young Ian McShane (Al Swearengen on HBO’s Deadwood).

Watched Moon this afternoon. Amazing.
    Despite kind of knowing what was going on, I loved how they took the idea in a fresh direction.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Watched Moon this afternoon. Amazing.
    Despite kind of knowing what was going on, I loved how they took the idea in a fresh direction.
    Yeah, I really enjoyed the movie mostly because, as you say they took it in a fresh direction.
    May the force be with you.

Ji'dai, I've been watching a lot of WWII movies and have every plan to continue to do so since the sequel (World War Three) hasn't been put in production yet (maybe - or the start of it is being shot on location in the Middle East right now).

Anyway, I loved The Battle of Britain. Great war movie.

Even better, I watched A Bridge Too Far. Talk about an all-star cast: Sean Connery, Gene Hackman, Robert Redford, Anthony Hopkins, Lawrence Oliver, Elliot Gould, Denholm Elliot (Brody from Indianna Jones) and many more.

To stop the Nazis in Europe, the Allies had to parachute in behind German lines and sieze control of the bridges so they could move tanks and ground forces across. The 101st Airborne (Band of Brothers) and the 82 Airborne fought in what ultimately became a loss for the Allies (Operation: Market Garden) under General Montgomery, who General Isenhauer favored over the rebellious General Patton).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Must confess...have never seen Battle of Britian, even though I think it popped up on MGMHD...will check it out. Tycho, I def. think you'll like The Eagle Has Landed, even though the whole cast is British playing Germans. It's directed by John Sturges, who helmed The Magnificent Seven, The Great Escape & Ice Station Zebra. I just saw Kelly's Heroes with Sutherland, Telly Savalas & of course Clint E. for the 1st time. Another one I rec. is the b&W Hell Is For Heroes with Steve McQueen(I picked up cheap at WalMart ages ago. I saw The Dirty Dozen in the $5 bin recently(a great spot to p/u classic WWII at times). I love A Bridge Too Far...I have a deluxe edition I got at Best Buy. My favorite parts are the James Caan scene & the "Hail Mary" river crossing. Powerful stuff.