Page 296 of 427 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 4264
    I saw a movie called "Moon" once. I don't think it was the one you described. It was about a guy who kept dropping his drawers and showing off his moons of Uranus. It did not end well.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

JontheJedi - was The Caine Mutiny in the Pacific Theater of World War II?

I'm going to soon start watching films about the action over there, but not quite done with Germany yet.

I just watched Inglorious Basterds. Excellent movie and great performances, especially by the Nazi Gestapo officer. I loved to hate him and root for the girl and Brad Pitt's character.

Beware "The Bear Jew!"

Anyway, I highly recommend "Basterds."
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

"(500) Days of Summer"- Nice little psuedo romantic comedy that is enjoyable and entertaining. It has strong performances from both Deschanel and Gordon-Levitt, but the supporting roles are also terrific, especially Moretz, who does a fantastic job of playing Levitt's younger, but far wiser sister. I did think the very end was a bit silly for one glaring reason, but it's still a solid flick with a great great soundtrack. Rating- *** out of ****
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

A martial arts master (Bruce Lee) is asked to attend a tournament held on a remote island lorded over by a former member of his Shaolin Temple whose henchmen were responsible for the death of his sister in the 1973 action film Enter the Dragon. John Saxon and Jim Kelly co-star as fellow fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    A martial arts master (Bruce Lee) is asked to attend a tournament held on a remote island lorded over by a former member of his Shaolin Temple whose henchmen were responsible for the death of his sister in the 1973 action film Enter the Dragon. John Saxon and Jim Kelly co-star as fellow fighters.
    I DVR'd that off AMC yesterday (i think it was AMC). still need to watch it though!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I recorded it from AMC too. I usually don't watch many movies on that network unless it's an older movie I've never seen and unlikely to have been cut or edited too much. The commercials really bug me too. Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and Fox Movie Channel (FMC) both show movies uncut and commerical-free. MGM-HD is another good one though it's not included in my satellite package.

I'm watching Band of Brothers now.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I'm watching Band of Brothers now.
    Great miniseries, I can't wait for The Pacific in March to start up.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Great miniseries, I can't wait for The Pacific in March to start up.
    Same here. I hope it's as good. I image it will be.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Finished watching Caine Mutiny(yes, Tycho, it is Pacific theatre). The Caine is a mine sweeper, who inherits a captain(Humphrey Bogart is excellent) with questionable mental stability. This is NOT a combat film, but rather an excellent character drama. The finale, as you might guess, is courtroom based.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."