Page 300 of 435 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 4347
    Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    A special forces major (Arnold Schwarzenegger) and his team are duped by a CIA agent (Carl Weathers) into taking out a Central American guerrilla base and soon find themselves hunted by an alien creature on safari in the excellent 1987 science fiction film Predator. Co-stars Bill Sutton and former professional wrestler-turned governor Jesse Ventura.
    Did you know Predator was nominated for an Oscar?
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    In art class we watched The Shape of Things, which was a pretty crappy movie. It was written and directed by Neil LaBute, who also directed the hilariously bad 2006 Wicker Man. Why is he so anti-women? In both movies, the female characters are conniving, manipulative, and cruel beyond all reason, and I've heard the same is true in his other works.
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Then you'll probably not want to check out "Your Friends and Neighbors". [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Both sexes are portrayed pretty badly. (The men are just as awful if not more so than the women). Catherine Keener plays a pretty awful person in this and it took me a LONG time to like her in anything else because of how much of an awful shrew she is.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Jason Patric's monologue is shocking and appalling, but it leads up to a big reveal by Ben Stiller and gets a great one liner by Jason Patric.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Plus it's got Aaron Eckhart when he was really chunky and gooey and not the handsome leading man he's trying to become.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    Did you know Predator was nominated for an Oscar?
    I did not! 'Course, I don't put much value in awards and have no idea which films won prizes and which ones did not.

"Deadgirl"- Very twisted and bizarre film about two outcasts who find a zombie girl chained to a bed in the basement in a hospital and decide to use her to their own vices. The film tries to make a statement about growing up and adolescence, but it jumps to its gruesome antics too fast. Adolescence isn't rough, these kids just have serious issues that really have no connection to society. They're just not right in the head. Also, the dialogue and acting is really bad, even for high school kids. If you're a zombie fan it could be worth a watch as it packs a few decent thrills, but overall, it just made me feel dirty. Rating- ** out of ****
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I did not! 'Course, I don't put much value in awards and have no idea which films won prizes and which ones did not.
    I was hinting that you could post that in this thread. I'm just kidding, though it is lonely in that challenge thread.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Yeah, I got the message But I'm clueless about film awards, so that's why I haven't participated in your challenge.

Yeah, I got the message But I'm clueless about film awards, so that's why I haven't participated in your challenge.
    Gotcha!

It is easy to see if something is nominated. I just go to IMDB, and if you punch in the movie, it will tell you right on the "Awards" line if something has won or been nominated. If it has, you can click on "more" and it will break down all the awards and what not. It is surprising what all has been nominated for stuff.

This is also a great reference.

But please, don't feel pressured to participate, as that is not my intent.

I doubt this one won any awards since it was made outside of Hollywood:

A mercenary (Lee Van Cleef) armed with unique and specialized guns spars with a banjo-playing gunfighter and partners with a drunken Civil War vet and his acrobatic Indian friend to bring down a corrupt rancher and his cronies in the watchable 1970 western Sabata.

The weather's been crappy around here for the last week or so, so I took advantage of watching the SW saga, all six movies. I'd never done that, in order, one right after the other, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I noticed a lot of little things I hadn't seen before.

Zombieland. Boy, this was a fun movie! I need to see it again.

In 1943, a pair of British special operations officers (Gregroy Peck & Roger Moore) recruit a group of retired, middle-aged colonial military veterans (led by David Niven) to travel to a neutral Portuguese colony off the coast of India and sink three German ships at anchor there in the watchable 1980 war movie The Sea Wolves.

After the mob witness he was ordered to protect is assassinated, a police detective (Steve McQueen) finds himself under pressure by a powerful senator (Robert Vaughn) and his boss to find the killer and expose the real conspiracy in the enjoyable 1968 crime drama Bullitt. Features a seminal car chase sequence on the streets of San Francisco between McQueen's Ford Mustang and the hitman's Dodge Charger. Jacqueline Bisset plays McQueen's romantic interest and Robert Duvall is a cabbie in one of his first major movie roles.