Page 307 of 433 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357407 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 4329
    A disaffected tough-as-nails army major (Lee Marvin) is ordered to turn a group of condemned men convicted of capital crimes into an effective fighting unit to be dropped into occupied France to raid a chateau and kill as many enemy officers staying there as possible in the fun 1967 war picture The Dirty Dozen.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I watched Shadow of the Vampire last night and its a strange but entertaining movie. Its based on a story that Max Schreck, the actor who played Count Orlock in the 1922 film Nosferatu was indeed a vampire. The director, FW Murnau(John Malkovich) wanted to make a Dracula picture, but the estate of Bram Stoker would not allow it. To get around it, he changes the names of the characters and hires an actor named Max Schreck to play Count Orlock(its rumoured to be the opposite though). Schreck(Willem Dafoe) is a real vampire and his reward for letting Murnau film him is that he will be allowed to devour the main actress at the end.

Dafoe plays a very convincing Count Orlock and Malkovich is good as Murnau. I always liked the original Nosferatu and this is a nice side story to that picture. Its an odd movie, but still fun to watch, especially if your a fan of the original Nosferatu.

I watched Hoffa with Jack Nicholson and Danny DeVito.

Union boss Jimmy Hoffa makes a deal with the Mafia to help him win the Teamsters' big labor strike and is attacked by Robert Kennedy, and accused of being a Communist, in this true story. Tensions break into open violence as labor pushes to force reform upon our capitalist society.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Three movies today, thanks to class and various friends.

Delicatessen was fairly interesting, if a little too quirky for quirkiness' sake. Pretty good overall.

I expected Food, Inc. to be more groundbreaking than it was, as I had heard most of what was discussed here already. Not bad, but not great.

I hadn't seen a full Wes Anderson movie until Bottle Rocket and I wasn't that impressed. Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention, but it was kind of disjointed and strange and I didn't care about any of the characters. Eh.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I watched JFK.

In 2038 the public will supposedly be able to read the files on how our own CIA likely executed our President in the interest of "National Security," and I hope to be alive to read it.

I don't think any of us will still be breathing when the truth about how black ops ordered by those within our own government set up Sept. 11th.

Too bad really. I don't necessarily believe the conspiracy theories, but they are possible and lended credit when information is being kept secret from the public.

In any case, there might be rationale for "sacraficing some, for the good of all," but naturally I want to know and understand the truth in all this. Then I'll make up my own mind whether national economic stability was worth it, or plain and simple greed was behind the cause.

Vietnam was both. Both reasons would factor in to why "we" wanted war against communism. Kennedy wasn't playing ball with this, so there was cause for elements in our government to execute him.

History's probably repeating itself in a new twist with the war on terror.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I watched JFK.

In 2038 the public will supposedly be able to read the files on how our own CIA likely executed our President in the interest of "National Security," and I hope to be alive to read it.

I don't think any of us will still be breathing when the truth about how black ops ordered by those within our own government set up Sept. 11th.

Too bad really. I don't necessarily believe the conspiracy theories, but they are possible and lended credit when information is being kept secret from the public.

In any case, there might be rationale for "sacraficing some, for the good of all," but naturally I want to know and understand the truth in all this. Then I'll make up my own mind whether national economic stability was worth it, or plain and simple greed was behind the cause.
    Now that Teddy's gone, I could see the JFK files opened sooner.

Watched Zombieland a second time. It was more enjoyable than the first.

The Dam Busters (1954), a fact-based account on the RAF plan to blow up dams in Germany's Ruhr Valley.

Desperate Journey. Errol Flynn and Ronald Reagan are RAF pilots shot down deep inside Germany and traverse through enemy territory to get vital information back to Allied hands.

The Seventh Cross. Spencer Tracy escapes from a concentration camp in late 1930s Germany and seeks escape from Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    Now that Teddy's gone, I could see the JFK files opened sooner.
    The sealed files aren't to protect the Kennedys. They are sealed so the public doesn't lynch former Pres. George H.W. Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, amongst others who might be implicated in the Kennedy assasination, let alone the bureaucrats and others in the intelligence community who are still alive today.

These possible purpetraitors did have potential motive, whether or not they were involved and thought they were acting on behalf of themselves, the best interests of those inside their cult of who they think is "the real Americans" or "the real Christians," or the best interest of their country (who I refer to in order to mean "the general public").

Meanwhile, as Kennedy would have pulled out of Vietnam, where we were trying to tell native people what to do in their own household (the USSR provided needed aid and attention when the rest of the world had ignored Vietnam since WWI and the French were later free in the international community to subjegate it), President Johnson - who might have also been amongst the Kennedy assasination conspirators, escalated the Vietnam War.

That brings me to the latest film I watched, Good Morning Vietnam.
    Starring Robin Williams and Forrest Whitaker, it's funny but it also is inspired by truth. The movie climaxes around the censorship of the media regarding the reporting of the truth about the war in Vietnam, as Williams' character, Adrian Kronauer, is compelled to move beyond being a funny D.J. and starts to tell what is really going on with the war against the Viet Cong insurgency who strike with terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I watched Jumper last night, kinda crusty but otherwise ok. I wonder if Sam Jackson will ever get to 'kill' H Christ on the big screen???
    Maybe Sam'll show up in the sequel, Jumper 2.

Or maybe they can design some architecture together on a future project instead of acting together.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I hadn't seen a full Wes Anderson movie until Bottle Rocket and I wasn't that impressed. Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention, but it was kind of disjointed and strange and I didn't care about any of the characters. Eh.
    "eh" is right, that's a rough movie...he's made much better stuff since then.

I watched Full Metal Jacket. "Do you think that's funny, Private Joker?"

"Hell, I like you. I like you a lot. Maybe I'll come over to your house and screw your sister."

I just watched Platoon.

"Everybody dies."