Page 309 of 433 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319359409 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 4328
    I watched Born On The 4th Of July.

Tom Cruise plays a wounded Vietnam War veteran who returns home to an angry country and begins to change his feelings about the war.

This is an incredible performance.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

went to see Alice in Wonderland last night. loved the movie, freaky Tim Burton at his best..... might actually have to get this on Blu-Ray when it comes out.... very enjoyable.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

The Man With One Red Shoe. Underrated, odd film, that includes Carrie Fisher in a tiger print bikini. Has one of my favorite, little-heard lines: "No, Mom. I'm not watchin' TV, I'm... I'm practicin'. I'm practicin'!"
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I watched Heaven and Earth. This is Oliver Stone's 3rd Vietnam movie after Platoon and Born on the 4th of July.

It's based on a true story of a Vietnamese family's struggle with sons that fight with the North Vietnamese Army and daughters that marry American soldiers. Tommy Lee Jones plays one of the Americans who relocates the family from Vietnam and brings them to San Diego after the fall of Saigon.

The music is incredible and the film drives home the immigrant experience in the United States that is familiar to all the refugees who emigrate here after our forces have been in combat in their nation of origin.

Finally, the new American Vietnamese wife and her half-American children return to visit their family in Vietnam in an emotional reunion that examines the true fall-out of the war.

Excellent movie!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I watched American Gangster.

This is another true story portrayed by Denzel Washington and Russel Crowe.

Heroin is being shipped in from Southeast Asia in the coffins of our dead soldiers that were killed in Vietnam. A drug empire is founded and criminal gangs vie for control.

I watched World's Greatest Dad, which I thought was great for the most part. It was very dark but a great commentary on various aspects of our society. Robin Williams is usually pretty interesting in drama, even if he tries too hard in comedy.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I watched First Blood. This is the original Rambo movie and it's very good for a running action - survival movie. It still holds its own. But in all honesty, as I recall them, the first one is my least-favorite Rambo movie.

First Blood Part 2 is actually my favorite Rambo movie.

John Rambo returns to Vietnam to investigate POW camps which might still be holding American prisoners.

An extremely brief but emotionally passionate love interest develops for him and a Vietnamese girl that's actually an American agent on the ground there in Communist controlled post-war Vietnam.

Excellent movie with much more plot and character development than the first film. Plus Rambo gets his famous bow and arrow set in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I watched First Blood. This is the original Rambo movie and it's very good for a running action - survival movie. It still holds its own. But in all honesty, as I recall them, the first one is my least-favorite Rambo movie.
    I like First Blood. Rambo breaking out of the sheriff's office is my favorite part. The novel is actually set in central Kentucky in the middle of summer.

Rambo 3 is my favorite. Like the idea that he has to go help his mentor.

Saw Green Zone. It's loosely based on a book I've read part of, but the similarity between the two are anorexic. It's a decent shoot 'em up.

From Paris with Love, with Travolta. Boy, Travolta plays the off-beat characters great. Good action flick.

Also watched Broken Arrow and Face/Off, two other great Travolta movies. John Woo is the master of the ballestic ballet!

I watched Army of Darkness the other day, it never gets old and I still love it!