Page 30 of 431 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    Btw, I really liked how Brenda was watching The Toxic Avenger. That was sweet.
    Lloyd Kaufman (writer/director of Toxic) gave James Gunn a start.... Lloyd is also in Slither.

I did miss L. Kaufmans' cameo though, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for him the next time I watch it, which probably won't be too far from now.
    He's in one of the background scenes as a townie, I haven't had a chance to watch the DVD yet so I can't give you an exact timepoint or anything. He is in there though, briefly.

Quote Originally Posted by JJB
    Lloyd Kaufman (writer/director of Toxic) gave James Gunn a start.... Lloyd is also in Slither.
    I'm aware. Thats why I mentioned Toxic after speaking about Kaufman and how I missed his cameo.

Are you into Troma at all JJB? There was a thread somewhere around here where Caesar and I were talking about Kaufman/Troma. Might have been the Lollilove thread?!?! Just curious if you are into it at all? I only have the classics like The Toxic Avenger (21st Anniv. ed) and Class of Nukem High (Box Set). I also have the Toxies Top Ten set, that has 10 films in it (none of which I have gotten around to viewing yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Cae
    He's in one of the background scenes as a townie, I haven't had a chance to watch the DVD yet so I can't give you an exact timepoint or anything. He is in there though, briefly.
    Sweet, I'll be sure to keep an eye out. I'll probably end up watching Slither again w/in the next day or so.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Are you into Troma at all JJB?
    Not really although I love Toxie! Caesar gave me a copy of Lollilove so that is how I knew about the Kaufman connection.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Not really although I love Toxie! Caesar gave me a copy of Lollilove so that is how I knew about the Kaufman connection.
    Cool, I hear that. What did you think of Lollilove? I'm actually surprised he gave you a copy of that movie considering how much he hated it.

A couple of nights ago I watched Outbreak, I really like that movie. Last night I watched about half of the Labyrinth before I feel asleep. I'm going to try and finish it tonight.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Cool, I hear that. What did you think of Lollilove? I'm actually surprised he gave you a copy of that movie considering how much he hated it.
    I didn't ask for it I was just gifted it a few weeks ago. I started watching it late one night but I didn't get t hrough it. It seems ok although I did notice a few holes in it.

I watched the Borat movie last Friday. Needless to say, it was hilarious! I can't wait for the dvd to come out.

A couple of nights ago I finally got around to watch Feast. It was pretty good too, I really enjoyed it. I was really pleased. Krista Allen is wicked hot too.

I got the new Oldboy SE Tin (see my sig line) in the mail yesterday and I can't wait to check it out. Definitely on the top of my to-watch list. The set/packaging (like Band of Brothers) is awesome and is easily one of my favorite sets in my colleciton.

I finally got An American Haunting from the library and watched it last night. I like a good ghost story, but this one was okay, not really spectacular.

Legend of 1900 is back in rotation on some of the premium cable channels. Boilermen on a luxury steamship discover an abandoned newborn aboard and raise the boy, a musical prodigy, who eventually becomes a virtuoso pianist with the ship's orchestra and never goes ashore his entire life. It's one of those films that you watch when there's nothing else on and end up being drawn into the story.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    I finally got An American Haunting from the library and watched it last night. I like a good ghost story, but this one was okay, not really spectacular.
    I still haven't seen An American Haunting but it is in my Netflix Queue. I'm really looking forward to seeing it although I'm not going in with the highest expectations. Hopefully I won't want the 1hr 1/2 of my life back when I'm finished watching it.

I watched a couple of movies last night that I have never seen before. First up was, The Da Vinci Code. This movie was actually much better than I was anticipating. I had heard mixed things about it, mostly negative things, but it wasn't that bad at all. Some parts of the movie seemed kinda slow or sluggish at times, but it was almost 2.5hrs long. I do plan on watching it again b/c I'm sure there are some things that I didn't pick up the first time around. FYI, I didn't read the book so I have no idea how it stacks up to it. Tom Hanks did a really good job as usual, as did Audrey Tautou, whom I had never heard of before. She really surprised me. Overall, I was pleastantly surprised with this one, since I had low expectations going in, and I'm looking forward to checking it out again sometime in the near future. I would easily recommend it as a rental.

The movie I watched after that was Keeping Up With The Steins. I really knew abosultely nothing about this one going in, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. It turned out to be a decent little comedy with a nice story. It wasn't one of best comedies that I have seen lately, but certainly not the worst. Jeremy Piven did a really good job as Adam Fiedler, mainly b/c he acted exactly like Ari in Entourage for which he won an Emmy. Really though, in this movie Piven even had the same job, being an Agent for those Hollywood types. I'd definitely say he was type-cast for this movie. Garry Marshall and Jaime Gertz co-starred and both did pretty good jobs, especially Marshall. This is another movie I could recommend as a rental although some may want to skip it. If you are a fan of Ari, I mean Piven, you should most certainly check it out.

Picked up Transformers: The Movie at the library and was finally able to get through it. Last time I saw this one was in the theatre, but it took me three days to watch it this time. I liked the inclusion of the old TV toy commercials in the DVD extras. They were poor quality and looked like they came from someone's old VHS recordings. Think they blurred the actor's faces so they wouldn't have to pay 'em royalties? Still, it was fun to watch them. I'd like to see some Kenner Star Wars commercials with the next Lucasfilm release.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)