Page 311 of 432 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361411 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 4317
    T, you weren't especially familiar with the established backstory(ies) for Wolvie prior to the movie, were you?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I just finished watching "Sorority Row"!!! I love the slashed genre!

Am I the only one who thought Maggie was played by Danica McKellar? Turns out it was actually Caroline D'Amore.
    May the force be with you.

No Chuxter, I was not. The bright colors, crazy powers, and wild costumes of many superheroes turn me off and I don't usually follow them - and also why I like Batman so much. Plus I like war stories, or heroes emerging from war stories (like Luke Skywalker).

So with no original in mind, Hugh Jackman's Wolverine earned a new fan in me.

They did the X-men films much more realistically, like Smallville (sometimes) portrays the origins of Superman.

Speaking of heroes emerging from war stories, I have now begun watching my complete series of The A-Team on DVD, starting with Season 1.

I have been cringing at the thought of Liam Neeson playing Hannibal Smith. No one but George Peppard could have done that act! Now there I do swear by the original!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    No Chuxter, I was not. The bright colors, crazy powers, and wild costumes of many superheroes turn me off and I don't usually follow them - and also why I like Batman so much. Plus I like war stories, or heroes emerging from war stories (like Luke Skywalker).

I have been cringing at the thought of Liam Neeson playing Hannibal Smith. No one but George Peppard could have done that act! Now there I do swear by the original!
    But yet you've been to Comic-Con several times? That seems an odd combination.

Well, unless you want The Z-Team (Zombie) Tycho, it will have to be any living actor portraying Hannibal.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

In the last few days, I've seen Nosferatu and Predator. Neither were too exceptional but they were both good for what they are (meaning Nosferatu delivered on the creepy and Predator delivered on the action).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Bel-Cam Jos: they always had Star Wars, Star Trek, and Terminator stuff at Comic Con, plus superheroes like Bale's Batman, Tom Welling's Clark Kent, Jackman's Wolverine etc. have been performed much more realistically.

I tried to read the Doomsday book "The Death of Superman" or whatever it's called and found it unreadable to my taste. But Smallville, with a larger budget for more stunts and longer action sequences, rocks that character's legend.

The Dark Knight films are at the pinnacle of Superhero movies.

And Origins: Wolverine rocks, as did both Bana's and Norton's Hulk, and McGuire's Spider-Man. Spidey is the big exception for me, as except when he wore the symbiont, his spidey-suit has always been over-the-top. But the movie established a great reason for that with his wrestling performance (to get the car to impress Mary-Jane).

As to Hannibal Smith? Maybe cast Nick Nolte or Gary Busey. I'm not sure how they are doing these days, but those are options, as might be the guy who played Captain Pike in the latest Star Trek film.

Liam Neeson is a great actor and I'm a fan. I just don't see him as Hannibal. I'd love to see him return as Rhas a-Guhl in the Batman films.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

[FONT=Courier New]Over the weekend, my wife and I viewed the following:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]- In Plain Sight, season 2, disc 3. Good show, looking forward to Season 3 starting next week on USA. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]- Whatever Works. A Woody Allen movie with Larry David. I wanted to see this in the theater but never saw it come out. I should have take the hint. The trailer had all the funny stuff in it. We watched this on Saturday on Starz ON Demand.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]- The Proposal. We had no interest in seeing this in the theater, but watched it yesterday (also on Starz ON Demand). For a lazy Sunday, this was a likeable movie, and much more entertaining than Whatever Works.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]- The Bounty Hunter. The wife and I saw this on Friday night. I laughed more than she did. She didn't like it as much as I did, and I think it was about 15-20 minutes too long. Gerard Butler is good at comedy (The Ugly Truth is surprisingly funny) and Jennifer Aniston is just sad now. They should have called this "He's Out of Her League".[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]- To clear the palate and remind myself why I don't like to gamble too much in one weekend with my viewing entertainment, I fired up Iron Man. I can't wait to see the new one in May.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

I finally got around to watching The Hangover yesterday. I thought it was ok but nothing all that special.

"W."- Really interesting film depicting W's move into the White House as well as examining his personal life before he was elected. All of the performances are solid as each person was perfectly cast in their respective roles. Brolin does a great job as Bush Jr. I have to say the film was far more sympathetic than I expected and regardless of how you feel about the guy, I will say I found the film interesting and entertaining. Rating- *** out of ****

"Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"