Page 312 of 431 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322362412 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 4308
    In the midst of channel surfing HBO, I had to stop at John Hughes' Baby's Day Out. Dumb, sappy, improbable, and totally hilarious! One of my favorites! Lots of slapstick.

Great for little kids, especially. Highly recommended for the little ones.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

4.5/5ths of the Planet of the Apes series. (I was watching Battle quite late, and fell asleep.) The first is a true classic in every sense of the world. The others have been fun, but increasingly make you wonder if anyone involved actually watched the movies that came before. More continuity holes than post-Crisis Hawkman.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

JimJam: how is Deadwood? I'm curious to take a look myself.

I am watching Season 2 of The A-Team now.

The team goes up against a para-military security firm in the episode I just watched.

It's interesting as that post-Vietnam, these companies like Blackwater of recent days, got their start and their patronage by those in the Pentagon and Hawks in Congress.

Faceman (Dirk Benedict) starts a fling with future ally and reporter Tanya Baker who had infiltrated the sercurity firm to cover a story, and finds out that the security firm is contracted to assasinate an Arabic political leader so as to effect a regime change and a more favorable position for American interests in the oil trading market.

I was interrupted by a friend while I was watching this, so I have to finish the episode, but there was the implication that the security firm's contract went all the way up to the CIA in this shady deal.

That it was government sanctioned isn't a surprising plot development, but that Hannibal and the team who were betrayed by our government are now going to throw a monkey-wrench into the plan amuses me.

Also they infiltrate the high security firm's corporate headquarters by posing as air conditioning repair men - after they put a live skunk into the air conditioner! Haha.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Watched Home Alone 2 as it was on ABC Family yesterday then watched ROTS for the first time in over a year or so. was thinking of having an all our SW day with back to back to back movies and then interspliced with the Clone Wars animated series.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    JimJam: how is Deadwood? I'm curious to take a look myself..
    Awesome! It'd be well worth your time to take that look.

T, Deadwood is one of the greatest shows in the history of TV and it's a travesty it didn't continue past season 3. I know the violence, nudity, profanity, etc, won't offend you, so you should definitely check it out.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

[FONT=Courier New]On Fiday night, the wife and I went to see "Hot Tub Time Machine". She hated it, I loved it. No surprise there.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Over the weekend I watched a few episodes of "Monster Quest" which I am really into now and a few movies on Comcast ON DEMAND. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"The Lucky Ones" with Tim Robbins, Rachel McAdams, and Michael Pena. I really enjoyed it and highly recommend it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I also watched My Best Friend's Girl. Dane Cook being Dane Cook. It was like his movie "Good Luck Chuck" in reverse. Eh. Amusing in places. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"Year One" was another clunker, but it was free/ON DEMAND. Again, amusing in places. Don't pay for it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"Wolverine" on ON DEMAND. I actually enjoyed it better in the comfort of my own home. I didn't enjoy it in the theater last spring. Maybe I liked it better because my brain was completely shut down at this point in the weekend.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]After "Wolverine", I started watching "Shooter" with Mark Wahlberg on TBS last night, but the DVR started recording "Family Guy" and "Undercover Boss". This is my new favorite reality show. I like reality shows only when they focus on real people doing their jobs, not competing for love or money. I consider those game shows.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I actually spent a lot of time indoors watching the TV this weekend and for the most part, I really enjoyed lazing about and relaxing.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Over the weekend, we watched some Enterprise(season 1) episodes, and some Everybody Loves Raymond(season 3&4)too.

"G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra"- Ya know, there are parts of the movie that I enjoyed and those parts are the ridiculous action sequences; the CGI was really iffy during some of those scenes, but it gave the flick a very bad sort of enjoyment. Those scenes are fun to watch, but once any sort of "acting" or plot is when the film loses track. Plus, you get some really, REALLY stupid flashbacks that connect so many characters and it makes things pretty goofy. Also, Marlon Wayans was just.....bad. Very bad. Rating- ** out of ****

"Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

It's been a while since I posted in here, so let's see:

Greenberg - A pretty okay film starring Ben Stiller. Nothing too earth-shattering. The movie moved at such a slow pace that there was a sleepy feeling about it.

Seven Samurai - Pretty damn great. It was around 3 hours and 20 minutes but didn't feel like it. I think Rashomon is still my favorite Kurosawa movie, but this one was up there.

The Magnificent Seven - Both this and Seven Samurai were on the DVR for a long time, so we watched the Japanese original the day before the American remake. I also really liked this one; it was perhaps more "fun" than the Japanese version. I liked how they gave the bandits more character in this version (and Eli Wallach is cool, so there you go).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram