Page 314 of 433 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324364414 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 4321
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I just saw Alien 3. I thought it was pretty good, but not quite up to par with the first two. Seeing the alien switch from a guy in a suit to stop-motion to a puppet was odd, as the limbs kept changing sizes. Oh well, pretty good overall.
    The quad-pack of Alien movies has the director's cut of Alien 3. Alternate beginning and alternate ending. I'd like to see it, but not willing to buy a pack of movies just to get it.

X-Files 2: I Want to Believe. I missed this in the theatre. I found it yesterday at WM for $4 and said, what the heck. It was good. I enjoyed the first movie, but this is what the first movie should've been more like, an extended ep.

The Blue Max and Fly Boys. Both are WWI flying movies. The Blue Max stars George Peppard and was made in the '60s using real WWI-style aircraft. Fly Boys is more recent, has James Franco, and much of the flying scenes were CG. Both were enjoyable, but gotta wonder if the technology now available would make the Blue Max better or worst.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    The Blue Max and Fly Boys. Both are WWI flying movies. The Blue Max stars George Peppard and was made in the '60s using real WWI-style aircraft. Fly Boys is more recent, has James Franco, and much of the flying scenes were CG. Both were enjoyable, but gotta wonder if the technology now available would make the Blue Max better or worst.
    As you know, I love those movies. I'm watching George Peppard as Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith, leader of The A-Team now. Murdoch does their flying. But I like Peppard's acting. He was great in The Blue Max, and Flyboys is a terriffic war movie. I loved what they could do with the CGI for that one - especially the battle against the Zepplin on the bombing run.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I just saw State of Play, not a movie I would have picked. It was pretty good, though, if somewhat boring for the first stretch of the film.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    X-Files 2: I Want to Believe. I missed this in the theatre. I found it yesterday at WM for $4 and said, what the heck. It was good. I enjoyed the first movie, but this is what the first movie should've been more like, an extended ep.
    This movie got a lot of crap from almost everyone, but I really liked it also. I was glad it wasn't a big, overblown story dealing with the show's mythology, since I tended to like the "Monster of the Week" episodes over the mythology ones.

My wife even liked it and she doesn't like sci-fi much, but I think that fact that it was more of a mystery movie than an alien scf-fi flick helped a great deal.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I just saw Alien: Resurrection. It has some moderately cool moments but overall it's quite crappy. There was really no reason it had to be made and it fits poorly with the other three. Having seen both the Alien and Predator films, I'm debating whether or not to waste my time with the Alien vs. Predator crossovers.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

JabbaJohn, I liked the first Alien vs Predator film.

I guess to collect them, I bought the second one but I've never watched it yet, so I cannot comment on that one.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Having seen both the Alien and Predator films, I'm debating whether or not to waste my time with the Alien vs. Predator crossovers.
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I liked the first AVP as well. It's not a good movie, but it's entertaining and much better than the sequel. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]The 2nd AVP was bad if for nothing else, the lighting. If you're going to spend money on creature effects and make up and what not, here's a tip: Light the set.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]You couldn't see a damn thing for most of the movie.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I liked the first AVP as well. It's not a good movie, but it's entertaining and much better than the sequel. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]The 2nd AVP was bad if for nothing else, the lighting. If you're going to spend money on creature effects and make up and what not, here's a tip: Light the set.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]You couldn't see a damn thing for most of the movie.[/FONT]
    I'll third that. AVP was fast paced, evenly paced, and had some very cool moments. The story form was very similar to "House on Haunted Hill", "The Haunting", and "Thire3n Ghosts".

The second AVP was lame. The only cool thing was seeing the Predator home planet. Other than that it was pretty forgettable. All I remember is not being able to tell who was getting killed because of the lighting. Not that it mattered because the characters were just fodder. The Climax was extremely disappointing - you couldn't follow the fight between the Predomorph and the Predator.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    This movie got a lot of crap from almost everyone, but I really liked it also. I was glad it wasn't a big, overblown story dealing with the show's mythology, since I tended to like the "Monster of the Week" episodes over the mythology ones.

My wife even liked it and she doesn't like sci-fi much, but I think that fact that it was more of a mystery movie than an alien scf-fi flick helped a great deal.
    I too enjoyed this flick; I liked the centralized aspect of it and how it wasn't a huge production. It felt quite intimate. I also loved the first film too; I hope they do a third flick with the alien invasion! That'd be tops!

"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen"- Ya know, going into this flick, I didn't expect oscar caliber performances and stunning observations of life, love, and death. I wanted some meager plot, lots of action, humor, fun, and excitement. With this in mind, this film delivers on those levels. I will say that the scenes with the two smaller bots were annoying at times, but they had a few funny lines. Also, the scenes with Sam's parents went a bit too long at first. Aside from these two gripes, I enjoyed the film quite a bit. Rating- *** out of ****

"Planet Hulk"- Excellent adaptation of the multi-issue series. The animation is great and all of the crucial parts of the comic are intact, which is awesome. Bring on World War Hulk! Rating- *** out of ****

"Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Time Limit and War Hunt. Both movies deal with the Korean War. Time Limit stars Richard Widmark as an Army JAG investigator who's trying to get to the heart of an incident involving Richard Basehart, a former POW. Good, solid drama.

War Hunt stars John Saxon and Robert Redford (in his first starring role) as Korean War soldiers at the end of the war. Saxon enjoys war just a little too much.

Bridge on the River Kwai. Excellent WWII drama starring William Holden and Obi-Wan Kenobi. They don't make movies like that anymore.