Page 315 of 431 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365415 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 4308
    OC - thanks for the Korean War recommendations. I haven't seen any films about that war except for MASH.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    OC - thanks for the Korean War recommendations. I haven't seen any films about that war except for MASH.
    Might I suggest The Bridges at Toko-Ri. Good Korean War story and tremendous cast: William Holden, Grace Kelly, Frederic March, Mickey Rooney, and a very young Earl Holliman. It's from the novel by James Michener...can it get any better?

If it doesn't remind you of the Battle of Yavin, I don't know what will.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I just saw the original Gojira (Godzilla) for the first time. It was a little doofy at points, but overall it was quite good. Many of the effects had a certain simplistic charm about them, and I liked the connection to nuclear annihilation. Now I'm ready for when The Clone Wars rips it off, er, pays homage to it this Friday.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

"Crazy Heart"- The film has some issues, but With the help of Jeff Bridges, "Crazy Heart" is elevated from mediocre to great as Bridges is the heart and soul of the film, bringing the heartache and struggles of Bad Blake to life. The scenery of the film is fantastic and adds a great element to the film. But it's the great music of the film, with vocals performed by Jeff Bridges and Colin Farrell, that is the true highlight of the film. A really great film about life, love, and redemption. Rating- ***1/2 out of ****

"Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I've been on quite the movie watching/buying spree.

Over the past week or so I've watched:

Last House on the Left
    Trailer Park Boys: The Movie
    Law Abiding Citizen
    Donnie Darko (Seth Rogens in it. Crazy...)
    Jaws
    Angels and Demons
    Gone in 60 Seconds

There are several others but I just can't think of 'em right now. I've amassed quite the little movie collection while I've been over here.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

It finally clicked that I could download the free internet channel on the Wii and watch YouTube. It may not be DVD quality, and it's split into multiple chapter, but I was able to watch the greatest episode of the 1960s television show ever, and share it with the next generation. The episode shares its name with its special guest villain:

LOUIE THE LILAC
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I just saw Alien 3. I thought it was pretty good, but not quite up to par with the first two. Seeing the alien switch from a guy in a suit to stop-motion to a puppet was odd, as the limbs kept changing sizes. Oh well, pretty good overall.
    Actually, Alien 3 was the first attempt at a fully computer generated alien creature. That was the big story surrounding the film while it was being developed. So that's not stop-motion, it's just really crappy CGI.

Anyways, I watched The Blind Side yesterday. Pretty good movie considering that I am not a fan of sports movies at all.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Last night my wife and I watched Robin Williams "Weapons Of Self Destruction". As always Williams is funny, not as good as "Live on Broadway" but still worth watching.
    May the force be with you.

I finally got around to seeing Clash of the Titan (as it said on my movie ticket)... in 2-D! I could tell exactly which parts became 3-D, and just to mess with the people around me, I reached out to "touch" the screen during those times.

I liked it... loved the Bobo part, and the comic relief scenes were chuckle-worthy. Good action scenes, but most of them were so fast and chop edited at times, I had to guess at what was happening. Also liked the homage to the stop-motion scorpions when the last one died, and its tail had the same movements as the '80s FX would have. Nothing interesting at all about the credits roll, unfortunately.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I watched Sherlock Holmes the other day. I had no idea he was such a badass (having never read the novels/short stories). Anyways, I really enjoyed the movie, thought it was fantastic! Very much looking forward to the sequel.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."