Page 320 of 433 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330370420 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 4326
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    WM is selling bootleg Iron Man 2 discs? That's how I read it; reminded me of my movie ticket for the digital film listed as "Iron Man 2-D" and sounded quite unspectatular.
    sorry for the confusion Bel-Cam... i picked up Iron Man the Movie 2 disc set from walmart not Iron Man 2. ...

so i watched Superman III & IV back to back and have to say that I actually laughed at the Richard Pryor parts for III and laughed in general at the mess that is Superman IV. still in my mind you can't watch only the first 2 Supermans and not watch the other 2.

thinking of watching Iron Man tonight with the wife so that perhaps next weekend or one night this week we can go see Iron Man 2
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I just saw The Longest Day, which was quite impressive. It must have been a beast to coordinate all those battle sequences, but it was awesome.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Return of the Living Dead. The local sci-fi/horror con showcaed ROTLD at the con this weekend because of its 25th anniversary. As part of it, there was a showing Friday night. Two of the actors, James Karen and Linnea Quigley, were in attendance and did an impromptu Q&A. This movie has grown on me since its first viewing, and watching it with a crowd was great.

The Dogs of War. Movie from the early 1980s starring Christopher Walken and Tom Berenger about mercenaries hired to overthrow an African dictator. Adapted from the Frederick Forsyth novel, with changes. (Read the book last year, and it had a more European-focus; the movie was Americanized. )Fast-paced and enjoyable flick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I just saw The Longest Day, which was quite impressive. It must have been a beast to coordinate all those battle sequences, but it was awesome.
    How about coordinating all of those actors? I doubt you'll ever see another movie with that many known names ever again. (The closest you'll find today is the "Ocean's" series IMO). It was quite a feat "back in the day".
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    How about coordinating all of those actors? I doubt you'll ever see another movie with that many known names ever again. (The closest you'll find today is the "Ocean's" series IMO). It was quite a feat "back in the day".
    I read somewhere where Darryl F. Zanuck asked John Wayne how much he wanted to be in the movie. The Duke said a price and got it.

Hollywood doesn't make movies like that anymore.

"Kick ***-" A blast of ultraviolence and mayhem, "Kick ***" puts aside all of the moralistic ideas about superheroes and fights fire with fire. I really enjoyed the flick as it packs some humor with great action and fight sequences. I do wish we saw more of Kick *** actually kicking *** as we only get a scene or two of him fighting crime. On the plus side, Hit Girl is fantastically awesome, dropping the worst language on the planet (yes, the infamous C-word) while dispatching bad guys with no remorse. It's a breath of fresh air from a genre that could has had a few problems over the years. Overall, it's a fast paced *** kicking superhero film. Rating- *** out of ****

Edit!

"George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead"- As much as it pains me, I have to wonder what Romero was thinking with this flick. There are a few different storylines here and none of them seem to be really flushed out. We have two Irish men arguing over what to do with the dead; one wants them kept "alive" in hopes of finding a cure while the other wants them shot on sight. It does bring up an idea, and I'm guessing Romero's theme in this flick, for religion vs. logic, but neither idea is explored to a decent extent. There are also problems as the CGI is really uneven; why doesn't Romero just stick with old styles of SFX? Some CGI shots were decent, but a few were really, really bad.

Another problem I had was that Romero doesn't show us the large scale result of a zombie apocalypse; there's no scope as to what is happening in the world, so there isn't a real sense of dread or nervousness in this flick. Granted, this is supposed to be very early on the whole scheme of things, but that itself brings up new issues as Romero single handedly changes the playing field in terms of zombies themselves. This wouldn't be a problem, but in terms of Romero's own films, it doesn't work as, again, we're only a month or so into the zombie apocalypse. Still, the film does have some good action sequences and a few great zombie kills. I do hope for the next "Dead" film Romero goes back and tweaks things a bit and reminds us what made his films so engrossing in the past. Rating- **1/2 out of ***
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 05-19-2010 at 12:38 AM.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I probably should have watched ESB but instead I watched Raiders of the Lost Ark, which is almost as awesome.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Right now I'm watching A New Hope on Spike. They've got a marathon of the OT going to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of ESB. They've got some pretty funny Star Wars related commercials too.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I just finished watching a movie called Avatar. Has anyone heard of it?

Anyway, the visuals were stunning, if not a bit over powering from time to time. The sound track wasn't very good, and the film itself was predictable, but overall it was enjoyable. I would recommend the movie, I rented it from blockbuster, but probably will not waste my money buying the blu-ray.
    May the force be with you.