Page 321 of 439 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371421 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 4389
    Yesterday I saw Kagemusha (The Shadow Warrior). It was quite long (and felt long due to the long takes used) and occasionally a little bit hard to follow in places but overall it was pretty great.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I had a zombie-filled weekend. At 6:15am on saturday I watched Survival of the Dead, a forgettable small-town-accidentally-infected-by-the-military-good-thing-the-kids-hooked-up-with-a-bad***-who-saves-the-day kinda picture.

Sunday was both Diary of the Dead and Survival of the Dead, and I guess neither one really did it for me. JMG summed up Survival pretty well a few posts ago, and while Diary did a better job of both scope and emotional impact, I didn't really care about any of the characters, and the hand-held cam style bored me after a while.

To correct my first line of the post:
    I had a boring, disappointing zombie-filled weekend.

[FONT=Courier New]Over the weekend I watched the NBC Thursday night line up that I missed when I crashed on the couch Thursday night after work.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I watched the Spike TV Star Wars OT marathon on Saturday night, and yesterday afternoon I watched District 9 while the wife snoozed on the couch.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Last night I watched the final episode of Lost after not having watched it since I caught Season 1 on DVD in 2005. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Watched "Daybreakers" this weekend. Pretty good, worth watching...somewhat unique.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Watched "Daybreakers" this weekend. Pretty good, worth watching...somewhat unique.
    [FONT=Courier New]I really wanted to see that, but it wasn't in theaters for very long here in Portland, OR. I will check it out when it gets to HBO/Starz/Showtime/Cinemax.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]Last night I watched the final episode of Lost after not having watched it since I caught Season 1 on DVD in 2005. [/FONT]
    I haven't watched since the middle of season 2, but tuned in for the last 5 minutes or so, and it was like, o-kay.

Whiteout. Not a bad thriller with Kate Beckinsale as a US marshal solving a crime in Anarctica.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I took down Ferris Buelers (sp) Day Off on Saturday.
    They should have called it Ferris Buellers's Day On because he was so ON that day!

Over the last few days I watched:

4 episodes of Chuck on Monday in tome for the finale.

The Road on Tuesday - not exactly the feel good movie of the year, but a well-done adaptation of the novel.

Mystery Team on Wednesday - funny, low-ish budget flick by the internet famous Derrick Comedy sketch group about 3 high school "detectives" that have been solving kid's crimes (of the 'Who stuck their finger in the pie?' variety) since they were kids. And now people think they're just weird, so they try and solve a real mystery - a murder.

3 episodes of Flashforward before tonight's finale.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I just saw I Am Legend. The vampire effects were kind of crappy, and the story ended a bit too quickly and wasn't as good as it sounded like it was going to be, but it was still very enjoyable overall.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

The Bridge on the River Kwai last night with Jack Hawkins (Ben Hur, Zulu fame), William Holden, and Academy Award-winning OT Obers.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!