Page 323 of 433 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327333373423 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 4328
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I haven't read the book, but I did see the Vincent Price one. To me, they were just . . . different. Products of their time, really.
    [FONT=Courier New]Here's the thing about the book vs. the movie: In the book, he's just a regular guy who studies up on biology at the library over a period of time. In the movies, they just made him a doctor (Last Man on Earth)/Military doctor (Omega Man/I Am Legend).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]The first movie is the most faithful, even with the changes they made.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

I'm late to the party but I spent the weekend watching the first 6 episodes of FireFly. I know I didn't watch it when it was on-air, but have oddly remembered bits and pieces of it.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I just Redboxed The Road with Viggo M. Very intense, but depressing. Hope Earth's future is not like depicted!
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

I watched Stranger Then Fiction last night. I saw it in the theaters when it came out and liked it and I still like it today.

Just finished up my second viewing of Shutter Island.
    It's pretty cool to watch it a second time, as I see certain things from the start and a few questions were cleared up for me.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I agree...ala Sixth Sense...a different take the 2nd time around.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Quote Originally Posted by jonthejedi View Post
    I agree...ala Sixth Sense...a different take the 2nd time around.
    Except Shutter Island didn't suck from start to finish.

[FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Iron Man - I hadn't seen it since it was in theaters, but this is a great, fun movie.

The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones with audio commentary - The TPM one leaned a little heavily to the special effects side, and nobody really seemed to engaged. AOTC sounded like they were having more fun, though; maybe it was because it was recorded closer to the completion of the film, while the TPM commentary was probably recorded over two years after the release.

Dirty Harry - Pretty damn great. Clint Eastwood is a total badass.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Dirty Harry - Pretty damn great. Clint Eastwood is a total badass.
    If ever a movie needed the Lindquist Productions treatment....this would be it!

Oh, the possibilities!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

"Lo"- A man summons a demon for help after his girlfriend is abducted and sent into hell. I was curious about this flick going into it and after just watching it, I have to say I was disappointed. The premise about summoning a demon was interesting to me, but the filmmakers didn't do much it. Lo and Justin talk about life, love, and demons, but none of the conversations are able to make an impact on the viewer. I thought Lo's design was excellent and the actor who portrayed him did a great job. The other costumes did look really low budget though, including the "rat" which was just awful. The humor is there at times, especially with the singing demons, but most of the humor is low brow and juvenile and comes off stale. The rest of the performances are pretty iffy too and I felt like I was watching a student film project. Still, the material shows some uniquness and I have to give them props for that. Rating- ** out of ****
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"