Page 326 of 437 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376426 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 4363
    I am way into The A-Team!

I'm now watching Season 4 from my DVD collection.

This show was brilliantly done and eventually a lot of other popular actors from other acclaimed series and even movies and music notaries wanted to make guest appearances on the show.

I'm also going to go and see the movie again.

You could almost make the movie fit the timeline of the show as well.

In Season 5, The A-Team is cleared of their Vietnam War crime charges I believe, and they become covert government operatives.

They might have been ordered to stand down after working for Stockwell and ordered not to associate with one-another.

Then in the movie, years later, they inadvertently re-unite, as Hannibal and Face ignore orders and are obviously bounty hunters, and then B.A. runs into them in Mexico and they are only pretending to have just met each other when they go back into action against the Mexican drug cartel. Then when they need "the best pilot," who else are they referred to but Murdock?

When the alpha team is back in action together, the CIA co-opts them and puts them into action again in Iraq, and they're set-up all over again - by another Lynch. (The original Colonel Lynch from the TV show was actually in command of the military stockade that Hannibal busted out of, embarassing him and erasing the chances of him ever being promoted to General, thus the grudge. Decker and Briggs had similar stories, but Decker had been a particularly harsh commander (and butcher?) in Vietnam and was the most dangerous.)

Anyway Foo, I love The A-Team.

I just watched a 4th season episode where The Team goes to Chicago to stay with B.A.'s mom to organize the tenants of her apartment building to resist a street gang who has moved in to devaluate the property so the owner would sell-out to a big time real estate developer.

This is one of the few times we meet the Team's family.

I think we saw Hannibal's mother when the team went to a nursing home facility and the older ladies' sewing class helped the team get together costumes or something or another they needed made for a case they had taken.

B.A.'s mom was introduced in 4th season.

Face was an orphan, but we met the Catholic priest who raised him on several occasions and I think the Team worked a charity case for the orphanage and their football program of which Face got B.A. involved coaching the defense on. (Face was the offensive co-ordinator).

Murdock's family wasn't ever seen really, but he had various mental health doctors over the seasons, most of whom he turned crazy. He also got a girlfriend, that veterinarian that saved him when bounty hunters went after the reward for the A-Team. She visits him at the mental institution but knows he's not actually crazy. Hannibal is the only member of the Team who is also sure of that.

In the movie, I love that the endgame plan was actually Faceman's for a different twist. That was a pretty elaborate ruse with the container crates shifting, really well-done!

The A-Team is awesome.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Back to the Future, Back to the Future II and Back to the Future III last night (dvr'd them over the weekend when they were on ABC Family).

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I am way into The A-Team!

... I just watched a 4th season episode where The Team goes to Chicago to stay with B.A.'s mom to organize the tenants of her apartment building to resist a street gang who has moved in to devaluate the property so the owner would sell-out to a big time real estate developer...
    The A-Team is awesome.
    [FONT=Courier New]I just saw that episode myself last week! Della Reese as Mrs. Baracus was GREAT! The guy who plays the super/head thug also played a bandit in another episode that guest starred Markie Post as a nun in South America. She used to be Face's college sweetheart and then ran off to be a nun.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Centric is a new cable channel (I think it's part of BET) and they have been running 2 episodes a day after a 2 day MARATHON over Memorial Day weekend.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I have been thoroughly enjoying catching up on old times and seeing guest stars when they were younger. So far there have been 3 actors that have all been on 24; Gregory Itzin, Ray Wise (the developer from the episode mentioned above), and Xander Berkeley.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Last night I saw Alfred Hitchcock's Rope. It was notable as each shot was about ten minutes long, and often edited together to appear much longer. I thought it was great. The behind-the-scenes stuff on the DVD showed that the color camera was absolutely massive, so it must have been a real pain to try and move it all around.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Over the last two days, I watched Toy Story and Toy Story 2, which I hadn't seen in several years. I was a huge fan of the first when it came out - my mind was blown when I found out they made actual-scale Woody and Buzz toys. The animation on the first one looks a bit dated in places, but I would honestly consider it to be an overall perfect film when you consider the characters, story, and everything. The sequel is also great, but it takes a little while to get going and doesn't have quite the punch the first one does; I'm not sure how much of that has to do with how I didn't rewatch is as much as I did the first in my younger days. I'll be seeing Toy Story 3 this weekend so hopefully it'll also be great.

Air Force One, I'd never watched the entire movie but I had seen bits and pieces of it. All in all it was pretty good, then again you can't go wrong with Han being the president! The fx at the end when the plane crashes was rather dated, but otherwise I thought it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Air Force One, I'd never watched the entire movie but I had seen bits and pieces of it. All in all it was pretty good, then again you can't go wrong with Han being the president! The fx at the end when the plane crashes was rather dated, but otherwise I thought it was great.
    GET OFF MY PLANE!

Love that movie. Parts of it are pretty absurd, but it's so much fun.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    GET OFF MY PLANE!

Love that movie. Parts of it are pretty absurd, but it's so much fun.
    I didn't remember/know that Sam from Quantum Leap was in it... and a bit of a d^ick as well!

Recently I rented The Road Starring Viggo Mortensen, Robert Duvall, Charleze Theron, Guy Pearce.
    Same director as No Country for Old Men I do believe.

This was about the most depressing and thought provoking film I have seen in a long time. A post apocalyptic story about the struggle of a father trying to protect the only thing he has left in this world, his son after the world is ruined (doesn't say how) and find food after there is none left. You can imagine what other survivors are eating. and how he is trying to avoid them.

Scary thing is that this worst case scenario could conceivably happen.

Today I saw Toy Story 3 and it definitely lived up to the first two, surpassing at least the second one and maybe even the original. There were several very emotional moments, but a ton of fun as well. I noticed several small details and Easter eggs, and I'm sure I missed several (though I did see RooJay's name in the credits again). There were a lot of fun callbacks to the first two films, particularly in the opening scene. It was interesting to see how they had more time with human characters in this one, compared to the first two - the animation has just gotten so much better. I don't want to spoil anything but, if you liked the others (and you should), then you'll love this one.