Page 34 of 427 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

I caught Nightwatch on cable the other day. Ewan MacGregor plays a law student who works as the night watchman at a hospital's creepy morgue. MacGregor soon becomes embroiled in a murder investigation after some suspicious incidents involving the morgue's occupants occur during his watch. Nick Nolte plays the sympathetic detective trying to get to the bottom of the mystery.

Picked up Slither, DaVinci Code, and Poseiden from the library recently.

Slither was probably the best of the three. I picked up the book, so hopefully it's good too.

The ship disaster flick was worth a look but I'm glad I didn't pay to see it. Poor Fergie went down with the ship, so now only the fishes will know if she really was Ferg-A-Licious.

As for DaVinci Code, I really enjoyed Dan Brown's novel, so the movie was a bit anti-climatic. Then again, I didn't have high expectations for it anyway.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

just watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" the cartoon version. I liked the Ron Howard / Jim Carrey version but the animated Boris Karloff masterpiece still is the best.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I watched Rocky tonight to kick off my 5 movie marathon in preparation for next week's release of Rocky 6.

Rocky is a classic, I love it even more as an adult than I did as a kid.

I watched the newest episode of House. Great episode too.

That damn cop is really starting to pi55 me off. He does such a good job of acting that I now hate him as a person.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I've never watched the Grinch remake, nor do I intend to.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I saw the first part of House last night for the first time and I turned it off. There's no way I could take a full hour of that programming.

The Grinch movie was horrible, just painful when I saw it in the theater.

I just watched Rocky II tonight as part of my Rocky marathon...I think I like it even more than the first one. It's got a bit of a cheese factor to it while the first one is more gritty...but what can I say, I love them both.

I didn't care for the live-action Grinch movie when I first saw it in theatres, but I'll sometimes watch it again this time of year. I did watch Charlie Brown's Christmas a week ago and will probably do the animated Grinch one, and then Nat'l Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Plus there's the A Christmas Story marathon on cable. I haven't watched my other childhood favorites, Rudolph and Frosty, in years.

I watched Monster House last night. I thought it was okay with some funny bits here and there. Weird origin story though.. the house is haunted by some circus freak that died in a freak accident. Whew, where did that come from?

I spotted Nacho Libre, Beerfest, and some other recent release at the library but passed on them all. Still hoping to get Superman Returns and Pulse.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I've never seen the Grinch movie either. I had always heard bad things about it so I never gave it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    ...and Pulse.
    *shudders* - I thought that movie was pretty awful.

A couple of nights ago I watched Home Alone for the first time in many years. M. Culkin is much harder to tolerate now that I am older. Found him to be very obnoxious at times. Even with that said, it is still a pretty good (Christmas) movie.

Right now I am watching Leon The Professional which is a fantastic movie. Gotta love some Gary Oldman... and that young girl, uhhh, whats her name?
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

well said Yuke, Leon is a great film.

Rocky III last night to continue my marathon...I'm now halfway through the film series. 3 is great with all of the Apollo and Clubber stuff...and let us know forget Thunderlips.