Page 345 of 433 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 4324
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Enough of Avatar to know that I'm in no hurry to see the rest of Avatar.

Really, in what universe is that considered a good movie? This one? Oh. I guess there are a lot of people using illicit drugs, then.
    Lipstick on a pig? I recall enjoying the movie viewing experience of that film, but wasn't really entralled by the simplistic storyline. I saw the 3D version. I can't call it bad at all, but it's nowhere near my best-ever status for a movie.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

The effects were bad, and the bit I saw was this old gag that was tired when Bugs Bunny did it (the old "yeah, I think you think I'm bad, you go ahead and run, I'll just stand here gloating until the badder thing behind me roars"), and led into what might be the most illogical actions by a predator I've ever seen. (You have to get into bears holding funerals and burying Donald Duck when he plays dead to get silliler.)

I'm sure I'll see it, but I wasn't in a hurry, and am in less of a hurry now. I actually want to invest three hours in seeing Titanic first, since it's partly based on a true story and has good special effects.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I have yet to see Famous Boat Goes Down myself.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Titanic has been on TV of late and I watch it every time. I can honestly say that I like that movie.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I am waiting to see endless loop runs of watership down

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Titanic has been on TV of late and I watch it every time. I can honestly say that I like that movie.
    I've always liked Titanic, it just suffered from the backlash of becoming too popular too quickly. It's still a good movie, not historically accurate, but it falls into the same category as Saving Private Ryan - a story about fictional characters that takes place in a historical setting.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

The difference is Saving Private Ryan was a good movie.

The love story in Titanic is about as believable as the love story in Attack of the Clones and the only good part is when [sarcastic spoiler tag] it sinks and Leo dies.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I watched "Monsters" this weekend. Good flick!
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    The difference is Saving Private Ryan was a good movie.

The love story in Titanic is about as believable as the love story in Attack of the Clones and the only good part is when [sarcastic spoiler tag] it sinks and Leo dies.
    Yeah, I didn't mean to say that Titanic was as good of a movie as Saving Private Ryan, I just meant that they were in the same "historical fiction" category.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Wait. Is Attack of the Clones a true story?

I stopped in Anaheim on my way back from my Civil War battle re-enactment north of Los Angeles and my friend showed me that stupid zombie show Walking Dead.

I freaked and kept at least one gun on me for the following 12 hours.

Zombies aren't real are they?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.