Page 352 of 431 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362402 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 4309
    Gunga Din - This was absolutely fantastic. This was used as inspiration for a number of things, including Temple of Doom and the 99 story arc on The Clone Wars. In and of itself, though, I really liked the story and the epic feel. A ton of fun.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I just finished watching "The Last Exorcism" and it sucked BAD!
    May the force be with you.

I watched Open Range Friday night. One of the better westerns made IMO. Duvall always shines and Costner (I'm not a huge fan) does a wonderful job in his brooding role. It's always nice to watch the late, great Michael Jeeter's last role, too. He was a wonderful character actor like Strother Martin. Fun to see Professor Dumbledor (Michael Gambon) as the evil cattle baron. Job well done!

I bought the DVD a few years back but this was on AMC and stopped to watch while channel surfing.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

^That movie is one of 4 Costner films I'll watch anytime (Field of Dreams, Bull D, and DWW the other three).

We "Netflixed" Date Night, a bit too much buzz for this movie I think.
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    ^That movie is one of 4 Costner films I'll watch anytime (Field of Dreams, Bull D, and DWW the other three).
    I'm in total agreement. His other work leaves me flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Last night I saw Treasure of the Sierra Madre. I thought I read that Indiana Jones' appearance was based on Humphrey Bogart's character, which was close but not exact; he at least had the fedora, so there's that. It was quite enjoyable, and I didn't know much about it going in to it, so I didn't expect it to involve Bogart's character being driven mad by gold. Pretty fun overall.
    I check this one out from the library about once a year. Bogie's descent into madness is great.

Resident Evil: Afterlife. Makes me wish I'd seen it in 3D. This series is one of my guilty pleasures.

The Expendables. Great action flick.

Legend of the Lost. Old John Wayne movie where he's a guide in the Sahara looking for lost treasure.

True Grit - The 1969 original. It was pretty good, but maybe a bit light (in both tone and visuals) for its subject matter, which is something the newer one apparently changed (though I haven't seen it).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

A few documentaries:

Sweetgrass - beautiful looking (yet kinda boring), doc about Montana sheep herding.

This Film Is Not Yet Rated
    - A critical look at the MPAA and their double standards and hipocracy.

Man On Wire - Chronicles the 1974 highwire walk between the World Trade Centers twin towers.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    This Film Is Not Yet Rated[/B] - A critical look at the MPAA and their double standards and hipocracy.
    Never heard of this one. Is this on DVD or cable? I'd like to track this down....sounds very interesting.