Page 360 of 433 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370410 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 4327
    You actually watched TMP 11 times in theaters!?!?

I have only ever watched the Star Wars films more than once in theaters, having seen each twice on the big screen.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    I have only ever watched the Star Wars films more than once in theaters, having seen each twice on the big screen.
    Any chance I've had to see any of the SW films on the big screen, I go. I've seen ANH the most, close to 10. The prequels are about 2 - 3 times each.

Then again, any chance I have to see a classic movie on the big screen, either film print or DVD, I'm there. One of the classic restored theatres in the area does a summer movie series each year. Won't know the theme until late June. Last year it was Hitchcock, and the previous year, class Universal movie monsters. Another theatre does a midnight summer movie fest.

That's about the same number of times for me in theaters. This was our son's initiation into SW other than video. He couldn't get enough! The family hit the bargain matinee so we wouldn't break the bank. He's an incurable SWer just like his parents!

ANH holds the record, though. Six (maybe more) viewings in the US and about twelve in Spain.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I was, like many other fans, starved for a NEW Star Wars film. The Special Editions were great, but I'd seen them already. That, plus the fact that there were a couple discount theaters around where $5 was close to a rental fee and these were new movies, made that summer fun to see it.

I rarely see non-SW films multiple times in theaters; in fact, I see few non-SW films in theaters even once (as my 200 different movies means I'd only see about 6 movies yearly).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Yesterday, Fox Movie Channel had Cleopatra looping throughout the day. Proof that special effects might actually take away from strong acting and good story (most of those $cene$ involved actual $et$, which co$t mucho buck$)..
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I think I saw it something like 9.5 times. Yup I went in after seeing something else. ROTS is my all time champ with something like 16-17 viewings.

Got sucked into the every-so-often playing of Shawshank Rerun-tion yesterday. "I mena, how often does someone look at another man's shoes?" I did, this time (as well as seeking out other I-know-the-plot details).

King of the Zombies. A B&W feature from 1941 about a Navy plane that crashes on a Caribbean island. Far from a classic, but still enjoyable.

The Last of Shelia. An interesting whodunit form 1973 starring James Coburn, James Mason, Richard Benjamin and Raquel Welch (grrr). Coburn calls together guests from the previous year's party with hopes of finding his wife's hit-and-run killer.

On the Beach (1959) with Gregory Peck and Ava Gardner.

Case 39 - It was okay, nothing special, nothing too unexpected.

Let Me In - WTF?!?! It was NOT what I expected; which, honestly, was something along the lines of Case 39. Boy was I wrong. It's slow, eerie, creepy, odd. Not your typical vampire flick.
    May the force be with you.

I Love You Phillip Morris - Quite an amazing, touching and funny movie for something that is loosely based upon the real life events/exploits of con artist Steven Russell. One of Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor's finest performances thus far.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection