Page 364 of 440 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368374414 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 4392
    Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    I agree, but what did you think about the Professor X/Magneto (Charles/Erik) relationship? Did it fell a bit short to you?
    That's what I thought. Also, Charles should not have been so okay with Raven joining Erik on the dark side. You would think he would have protested that more.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    That's what I thought. Also, Charles should not have been so okay with Raven joining Erik on the dark side. You would think he would have protested that more.
    I don't remember if that was before or after he got shot. But yeah, he should have been pretty upset by that, considering she was like a sister to him.

Still it was a fantastic film!
    May the force be with you.

Stayed up to watch Open Range night before last. The more I see it , the more I believe it is gaining Classic Western status.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Watched "X-Men: First Class" last night! AWESOME!

It is now one of my favorite X-Men films. My only real disappointment was with the relationship between Charles and Erik. I was expecting it to be longer, more drawn out, like a life long friendship that developed over the course of several years before being driven apart.

I guess it was to be expected since they tried to do it in one film, still, they managed to develop the relationship between Charles and Raven (Mystique) in the film and it worked really well.

I think they terminated things too early between Erik and Charles. They should have kept them together through the end of this film, then pushed the break away story in a sequel.

Otherwise I would say they did a fantastic job.
    I saw this on Friday night and it was definitely the best X-Men movie yet. They did such an amazing job of developing Magneto's character, especially the opening portion of the film in the concentration camp. The relationship between Charles and Xavier did seem a little rushed, but I would never have expected it to last even as long as it did.

I thought the kid who played Hank McCoy did an excellent job, even though most of the film's rewrites of Beast's powers and origin are nearly unforgivable. They pretty much stripped him of all of his abilities except his mutated feet (which were a little too mutated) and his speed. He demonstrated almost no acrobatic ability. Beast's agility is supposed to be equal to Spider-Man's, but you get no sense of that at all in the film.

What's surprised me the most is that there is no hype or merchandise whatsoever for this film. Where are all the X-Men: First Class toys? It's like Marvel and Hasbro expected the movie to be a flop.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Above Suspicion. When I think of Fred McMurray, I think of Disney movies and My Three Sons, not a movie about him and Joan Crawford playing a newlywed couple spying in Europe in the last days before WWII. It was a pretty good flick.

I watched "Aaah Zombies" today!

A terrible B movie with a wonderfully fresh perspective of the Zombie genre! It was just bad enough to be good, and unique enough for me to recommend. Sure it was out there and unrealistic, but then again, it's a frickin' zombie movie.
    May the force be with you.

[QUOTE=OC47150;749877]Night of the Lepus. Stuart Whitman, Rory Calhoun and DeForest Kelley fight killer rabbits in the west! The first time I saw this movie was 15+ years ago. TNT showed it on Easter Sunday! Talk about scaring kids!

Did you find this on TV or do you have this on DVD? I watched this movie several years ago while staying up Christmas eve wrapping presents for my kids with my sister. Ahh the memories. Been trying to find it ever since. For the laugh factor.