Page 367 of 432 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 4317
    Yes, it is an excellent series. One of the more interesting facts was how the National Highways were created.

Eisenhower was so impressed with the highway system in Germany during the war that when he became President he designed the current major highway system currently in use along with numbering system. Honestly, until now I thought most of it developed somewhat randomly, but it was actually a carefully designed system. Thanks Ike!

I will probably buy the series when it comes out, to go along with my blu-ray copy of "America The Story of Us".
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    I have been watching "How The States Got Their Shapes". A very interesting and unique history of the United States.
    Its pretty good but some of the 'history' they tell is a little sketchy.

"America The Story of Us".
    That was a pretty good series as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Its pretty good but some of the 'history' they tell is a little sketchy.
    Well, you have to take it with a grain of salt, obviously.

I watched the new Tron the other day. It was alright, kind of slow. It seemed like it was making a lot of references to the original film, but I can't be sure, since I haven't watched that movie in over 20 years.

Also saw The Legend of the Guardians and the CG was fantastic and the story seemed pretty well done. In fact everything about the movie was almost perfectly executed, however, I just didn't feel any sort of emotional attachment to the characters at all. It seems like one of those movies that should have done really well, but just fell flat for some intangible reason.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I just watched "The Ugly Truth" then followed up with "Blade II".

Katherine Heigl is way hot!

"The Social Network"

I liked the way it was edited between the events and the hearings.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    "The Social Network"

I liked the way it was edited between the events and the hearings.
    Yeah, I just watched this on HBO late last night. Well done movie!

Awakenings (1990) - Penny Marshall directs this drama starring Robin Williams as Oliver Sacks, a research scientist who is given a job that he doesn't really know how to handle' handling human beings (his highlight up until the assignment had been his groundbreaking work on earthworms).

Williams is in charge of the floor of the mental institution where enychepalitis patients from the great "Sleeping Sickness" of the 1920s are housed. These patients are vegetables. Confined to wheelchairs, are pushed around the floors all day and the most excitement they'll see are when some of them are placed in front of the window to stare outside all day.

Williams attempts to reach these patients, believing different from the company line, which states that the disease has not spared any part of them, including their mental faculties. Much to the anger of the higher-ups, Williams connects to these patients, slowly, before a miraculous breakthrough "awakens" these beings.

Sadly though, they cannot stay awake from their slumber for long, and the movie chronicles the short window of time these patients had of clarity back in the summer of 1969.

It tugs on your heart knowing that this is based on reality and that these people did exist. Robert De Niro gives an admirable performance as one of the patients and Julie Kavner (Marge Simpson) does her best role as a floor nurse who befriends the lonely Dr. Sacks.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

I have also been watching True Blood and Burn Notice.

I watched a movie that took the idea of Luke going into the "Dark side cave" in ESB, except it revolved around ballet and starred NatPo. The movie: Black Swan, yeah I know I'm making it a bit more basic then it really is but that is kinda what I took out of it.