Page 369 of 431 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 4307
    First time I'd seen Watchmen on cable. I'd forgotten how great the film is, even with edited-for-TV scenes and dialogue and commercial breaks. Dr. Man was digitally blurred for much of his seens (uh, I mean scenes).
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    First time I'd seen Watchmen on cable. I'd forgotten how great the film is, even with edited-for-TV scenes and dialogue and commercial breaks. Dr. Man was digitally blurred for much of his seens (uh, I mean scenes).
    Sorry but I thought that movie was brutal. If you want a free burnt dvd of it I'll be happy to send it to you...presuming I can find it.

I realized that I had never seen Batman Returns again, except the one time I did in the theaters. That was a weird film, especially the ending, even for Burton.

With the lockout still wasting most people's time, the NBA Network has been running basketball movies, and The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh has been on. I remember laughing at it when I first saw it about 15 or so years ago (it's listed under "Comedy" rather than "Sports" anyway), but now it's just odd. I love how the other teams are only referred to by their city (e.g. Los Angeles, Detroit, New York... ) and not even a made-up team name, because there wasn't an NBA licensing for the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    With the lockout still wasting most people's time, the NBA Network has been running basketball movies, and The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh has been on. I remember laughing at it when I first saw it about 15 or so years ago (it's listed under "Comedy" rather than "Sports" anyway), but now it's just odd. I love how the other teams are only referred to by their city (e.g. Los Angeles, Detroit, New York... ) and not even a made-up team name, because there wasn't an NBA licensing for the film.
    I've seen it in the tv guide thingy, I didn't watch figuring it must be pretty bad. Maybe I'll check it out next time I see its on.

As for myself... Billy Madison.

Corruption. Peter Cushing is a doc in 1970s London who steals a gland from women to help rebuild the skin tissue on his disfigured girlfriend. It's nice to see old Cushing in a contemporary piece.

Wicked, Wicked. A standard murder mystery set in the Coronado Hotel in California. But what set it apart was the fact the flick was filmed in Duo-Vision: split screen! It wasn't too bad and actually made it pretty enjoyable to watch.

The Petrified Forest. Anytime I can watch Bogie as a gangster, I do. This was one of his better outings as Duke Mantee.

Quarantine: Terminal. DTV sequel to the film from a few years ago. It picks up on the same night as the first one but involves an airplane. It wasn't too bad.

Drive. Wow, what a flick! It wasn't what I or my friend expected. It had an 80s feel to it.

Last night: Les Miserables with Qui-Gon Jinn and Casanova Frankenstein.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

The other night, with all the stations running Halloween-themed films, I saw the end of The Curse of Frankenstein, with Grand Moff Tarkin chaining up Count Dooku, from 1957. Creepy score music.

Red
    Smokey and the Bandit
    True Grit (remake)
    Terminator
    Scre4m
    May the force be with you.