Page 373 of 440 FirstFirst ... 273323363369370371372373374375376377383423 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 4392
    Rented a couple of new releases tonight:

Apollo 18 was kind of... eh. Yet another "found footage" movie where you never get to see what's going on, have to endure long segments of solid blackscreen, or get to sit through extended moments of mundane-ness. In the end, we don't really get a good look at the moon crabs and nothing is really explained or resolved.

Contagion was pretty good, but you never really get a sense of the magnitude of the epidemic. Supposedly millions of people are dying from it, but most of that happens off screen, so there isn't any real tension or drama. It all feels very cold and clinical. At least it does show the origin of the virus at the very end.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I want to see Apollo 18. I was hoping it would make it to the second-run theatre, but it never did. The Thing never did either. I know Apollo 18 is at the RedBox now.

Christmas Evil and New Year's Evil. Two slashers from '80. What a way to celebrate the holidays.

Charge of the Light Brigade (1968) depicted the ill-fated calvary charge in the Crimea in the mid-1800s. It wasn't a bad movie, but too much time was spend on the build-up.

I just watched the Broncos beat the Steelers in one of the shortest OT wins in NFL playoff history!
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    I just watched the Broncos beat the Steelers in one of the shortest OT wins in NFL playoff history!
    I heard that was a terrible one.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Rise of the Planet of the Apes. The best Planet of the Apes movie in over 40 years. A worthy (maybe even superior? tough to really say since movies are so different now) prequel to the original, which invalidates and yet pays homage to the original sequels. (I still wouldn't call it a reboot, because trying to come up with the true history of the apes based on the original movies and shows will make your head explode, so contradictions are nothing new.)

Between this, Tintin, and Lord of the Rings, Serkis is definitely one of my favorite actors.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I heard that was a terrible one.
    It was the fastest OT win in NFL history! The only thing terrible about it was Denver losing their lead in the second half and the Steelers forcing the game into OT.
    May the force be with you.

This past week...

• I Am
    • Tree of Life
    • The Seventh Seal (Criterion BD remaster)
    • Last Year at Marienbad (Criterion BD remaster)
    • The Best Worst Movie Ever
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I'm currently working my way though The Wire: Season I. Its pretty good but not as good as say Deadwood or Rome.

Inglorious Basterds, well if you remember its a silly made up story chocked full of historical erros its not too bad.

I saw J. Edgar.

Did you know the man who started the FBI was a gay man who lived with his mom his entire life?

I didn't know that.

Then he got a gay lover and made him the Deputy Director of the FBI.

Now I want to see War Horse and Red Tails but haven't made it to the theaters yet.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.