Page 379 of 440 FirstFirst ... 279329369375376377378379380381382383389429 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 4391
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Marcus Brody is probably the coolest character in the entire Terminator franchise as far as I'm concerned.
    Ugh, Marcus Wright, not Marcus Brody. I just watched this movie again last night and I caught that. I actually need to get ahold of the original Terminator and watch that one followed directly by Salvation. It seems that they would fit together perfectly if you eliminate Terminator 2 and Terminator 3 from the equation.

Other movies I rented:

The Grey - eh, it was okay. The obviously-CG wolves really made it difficult to feel any sort of danger or tension at the survivors' plight. In fact, some of the attacks took on an unintentionally comical tone. I don't want to give anything away about the ending; however, even though the ending might be considered realistic, it just leaves you wondering "what was the point of all that, then?"

The Road - this one was recommended to me by a friend at work and it was pretty good. The performances were really good for the most part and there were a few truly nightmarish scenarios. Again, the ending left me with the nagging feeling of "what was the point?" So, two really depressing movies in a row did not make for a very fun movie night.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Last night I watched part 1 of "Hatfields & McCoys" with Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton. It's really good. I'm looking forward to the rest.
    May the force be with you.

Missed the beginning 1/2 hour or so, but I saw most of Bridge on the River Kuai, with many other military-themed film pieces as I channel surfed on Memorial Day.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Is the River Kuai near the River Kwai, or is it in Hawai'i?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I am recording the hatfields and mccoys and will watch all 06 hours beginning tomorrow when the show concludes. I took a peek and it looks awesome like the kind of civil war reenacting i do. I own those guns and uniforms myself since this is just like my book. Only at that my novel is fiction set during real historical events.

I am watching band of brothers in the meanwhile.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I as able to watch my first Detroit Tigers game. I was also in turn able to watch my first Detroit Tigers loss. *sigh*
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Now that I have a Blu-Ray player, I need to justify it's existence somehow, so I've been on a bit of a movie renting binge recently.

Chronicle - Actually not too bad, but I'm getting a little tired of the current "found footage" trend in movie storytelling. Mainly because so much screen time needs to be wasted explaining why one of the characters is videotaping everything. It barely worked in Blair Witch Project (which, if I recall, was the first movie of this kind) and I think Cloverfield was actually more hindered by this concept than helped. By the time I watched Super 8, I was already tired of the gimmick. Plus, it seems to give the filmmakers the idea the they don't need to explain major plot points and really appears to be more of an excuse for sloppy storytelling. I think the premise behind Chronicle was interesting enough that the constant reference to the camera by the characters in the film did more to take me out of the movie than anything else.

Watchmen: Director's Cut - Thought I'd watch it again in HD and see exactly what was added to the film. Pretty much exactly as I remember it. During the film, I keep thinking to myself, "This is cool, why haven't I bought this movie yet?" but by the end, I've just lost all interest and I don't feel that I ever need to watch it again. I think the most interesting part of this story is re-imagining it as it was originally written, with the core DC superheroes. Otherwise, there's not really much here to keep my interest beyond one viewing.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra, pretty good...I don't recall Snake Eyes having a gun... and "Captain" Duke was wearing the Oak Leaves of a Major at one point....but decent.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Is the River Kuai near the River Kwai, or is it in Hawai'i?
    Kuai? Because ue like you! :M.O.W.S.E.:
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra, pretty good...I don't recall Snake Eyes having a gun... and "Captain" Duke was wearing the Oak Leaves of a Major at one point....but decent.
    The first two Snake-Eyes action figures carried a gun, and he used guns frequently in the cartoon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snakeeyes-big.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	5.0 KB 
ID:	26195