Page 390 of 437 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391392393394400 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 4364
    That makes it a true comic book movie, then. Most 22-page plots were fairly predictable; but you enjoyed the action, the dialogue (witty, off-hand remarks while punching, flying, jumping), and the splash pages. At least I did. I found the movie cool, but not the best action movie ever made.
    "That's what Sheev said."

The Borgias: Season I, Jeremy Irons plays Pope Alexander II (circa 1490's) on this Showtime show. Pretty sleazy business going on with the pope. While its based on real people and events it is hardly historically accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    While its based on real people and events it is hardly historically accurate.
    Yeah, especially the part where Alan Rickman guest-starred and they both hijacked the castle and those carts hauling gold, only to foiled by Sir Willis and his page Samuel.

I'm watching movies about the 1970's, in terms of bad warfare.

Vitenam is obvious.

And the fall-out: the proliferation of drugs through methods like those employed in American Gangster and The French Connection, and the use of covert operatives like Donnie Brasco.

The pull-out from Vietnam and the hard life awaiting the soldiers like Rambo and the search for new, fertile battlegrounds to fight the Soviet Union (Charlie Wilson's War) as well as places to sell our weapons and keep covert operations and special forces deployed, as when the government decides to formalize relations with "The A-Team," and design "Project X" only to face Wolverine.

(some of these films are not historically accurate)

This is also the era a great many of us were born into. Star Wars arrived and Ronald Reagan was about to begin and continue leading his administration. Tom Cruise was training to become a fighter pilot and John DeLorean released a vehicle that could be converted into a time machine.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I watched that the other day and I agree. I think the twist at the end really made the entire movie feel worth watching. Definitely better than the average horror film and I thought the humor really added a lot.

I've been wanting to rent it but haven't yet.

Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein. On the big screen!!! The wife and I went to the double-feature Wed. nite and enjoyed it. She hadn't seen Bride before.

Since it is Halloween, I've been fully immersed in watching horror and sci-fi for the month. Here's what I've watched thus far:

Here's my list of Halloween movies thus far.

The Bat
    The Time Machine
    Trick Or Treat
    The Dead (2010)
    I Walked with a Zombie (1943)
    Zombies of Mora Tau
    Angry Red Planet
    Curse of the Mummy's Tomb
    Camel Spiders
    The Deadly Mantis (1957)
    The Reptile (1966)
    Four Skulls of Jonathan Drake (1959)
    Vampyr (1932)
    The 4D Man
    Road Games (1981)
    Mark of the Vampire (1935)
    Prehistoric Women (1967)
    American Horror House
    Curse of the Demon
    Donovan's Brain (1953)
    The Gorgon (1964)
    The Devil's Bride (1968)
    Motel Hell (1980??)
    This Island Earth
    Panga (1991)
    The Giant Claw (1957)
    The Black Room (1935)
    Frankenstein (1931)
    Bride of Frankenstein (1935)

I went with a different approach this year and broadened my horizon by watching movies I hadn't watched before. Now with Halloween less than a week away, I'm gonna start watching my usuals: Halloween 1 and 2, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead.

And if I have time, Redneck Zombies!

I've been watching some TV on DVD.

I really enjoy the A-Team and I sorely miss Star Trek: Enterprise.

As to the latter, I really like the way they were developing Trip and T'Pol's relationship but then they killed him! WTF!

For the former, the sad news is that there will not be another new movie. Bradley Cooper (Face) was quoted in an interview that he'd love to do it, but there isn't a strong enough market. I got used to Liam Neeson playing Hannibal, too.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Judgement at Nuremberg

Still, after many years have never seen this movie in its entirety. I was very close this time, though. Miss about the first twenty minutes or so.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Another one of those can't-change-the-channel movies: First Blood.