Page 417 of 439 FirstFirst ... 317367407413414415416417418419420421427 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 4390
    Boardwalk Empire Season III, good stuff, although it seemed obvious who the main bad guy would be this season it was still great to watch.

Just got my Power Rangers Legacy: The First 20 Years DVD set today. 766 episodes, a television movie, and 36+ hours of bonus content. I am going to be so busy.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

SW: the OT. It's been a long time since I've watched the OT uninterrupted, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. And it is better on Blu-Ray!

The Hindenberg (1975). Not too suspenseful but still an interesting movie that introduces an interesting theory on the zeppelin's destruction. And George C. Scott -- Patton himself! -- is a Nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47151 View Post
    The Hindenberg (1975). Not too suspenseful but still an interesting movie that introduces an interesting theory on the zeppelin's destruction. And George C. Scott -- Patton himself! -- is a Nazi.
    I think his best role was in Man Getting Hit In The Groin With a Football... but thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I think his best role was in Man Getting Hit In The Groin With a Football... but thats just me.
    Hey; that won an award, didn't it?
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    SuckerPunch - ugh, what a piece of crap this movie ended up being. It was recommended by a few friends of mine and even the girl at the video store told me it was one of her favorite movies of all time and went on and on about how she owned the soundtrack and who sang all of the tracks. Anyways, so I started watching it with high expectations, and I can respect what Zack Snyder was trying to do here (and I did get what the concept of the film was supposed to be), I just don't think it worked... at all. Maybe on paper or in the idea stages this sounded like a great idea for a movie, but the final result just seemed to fall apart. Especially when the film tries to confuse you about who was actually the main heroine of the story. I guess this was supposed to be a "girl power" movie, but the message it sends is anything but. Basically what this movie tells young girls is that all men are evil and only interested in raping them and the only way for girls to fight back is through prostitution.
    I watched this tonight, hoping despite the overwhelmingly negative reviews that it was one of those movies that people hate because they're not smart enough to "get" it. (Not a jab at you, BigB; it just looked like it should be that sort of movie, and, well, most moviegoers I know were confused by The Truman Show.) It seems on paper like it should be a really intelligent, trippy movie. It was entirely flash, no substance at all. With even a little depth, or some cleaning up of the script, this could've been great; the visuals alone, I thought, were enough to recommend anyone see it once. But not twice. And not expecting much.

The ending was a slap in the face. I can't be more blunt about it. It broke every rule of storytelling, and not for any real purpose. Just a mess. A pretty mess, but a mess nonetheless.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I can't be more blunt about it.
    No pun, intended?

I remember seeing this in the theaters and thinking I was playing a video game at a strip club. Stunning visual set-ups and character designs. Amazingly easy to look at actresses. Atypical story concept. Ultimately, it was akin to looking at the reflection of nighttime neon city lights and twinkling stars in a sewer run-off puddle down some rank alleyway and mistaking the quality of the water for the beauty of the image. The film could have been so much more. I think it would make for a cool film class project: "OK, students, here's the assignment: reedit this movie to have a coherent story."

I watched Human Trafficking and am working on The Debt.

Excellent films. Ask if you have questions.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.