Page 422 of 440 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 4392
    Green Lantern: First Flight - simple but not terrible. Christopher Meloni is woefully miscast as Hal Jordan.

Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths - middling at best, there just was no room to tell a more nuanced and interesting story, so it was just good v. bad, and not creative about what it was trying to do at all.

Valkyrie - decent enough yarn, not one of Bryan Singer's best but still compelling to the end.

Jack Reacher - interesting movie, loses dramatic steam in favor of a big shootout ending, but otherwise fairly compelling way to get tiny Tom Cruise to feel like a believable tough guy investigating a mass shooting.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I re-watched all 6 SW movies over the past couple-weeks, in parts when I had time.

Different times, different movies are my favorite.

Return of the Jedi is my current favorite. I just am not getting tired of that movie: Jabba's Palace and the huge space battle and green of Endor, plus the final conflict between Vader and Luke - really cool to watch while being able to compare it to Tyranus and Anakin fighting before Sidious in E3.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Currently enjoying the WWE Network on my Apple TV.

Decided to start way back at the beginning of WCW/NWA with Starrcade '83 and have been watching them in order so far....although I think they're missing a few Great American Bash's.

Good stuff so far!
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I finally got around to watching Man of Steel for the second time. I saw it when it came out in theaters and thought it was awesome, but then I started talking to coworkers and friends of mine and they all seemed to unanimously think it was horrible. So I decided to go ahead and test how renting movies on iTunes works and to see just how HD their HD movies are. So I picked MOS and I just got done watching it. I have to say that I like the movie even more the second time around.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why everyone seems to be so up in arms against this movie. As a kid who grew up a Superman fan, this is the Superman movie I've always wanted to see. Ah well, I guess people are just kind of stuck in the Christopher Reeve Superman rut and can't get out. But I think comparing Man of Steel to the Richard Donner films is a bit like comparing Christian Bale's Batman to the Adam West Batman and complaining that they're not the same. They're not supposed to be the same.

After seeing a commerical with Striker and Murdock to come and visit Wisconsin I watched Airplane! Don't Call Me Shirley Edition. Yeah it looks like a movie that was from the early 80's but there are so many one liners and gags the movie is still a great thing to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    After seeing a commerical with Striker and Murdock to come and visit Wisconsin I watched Airplane! Don't Call Me Shirley Edition. Yeah it looks like a movie that was from the early 80's but there are so many one liners and gags the movie is still a great thing to watch.
    What's different about this edition, JJB? Cut or extended scenes? Or just commentary?
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I finally got around to watching Man of Steel for the second time. I saw it when it came out in theaters and thought it was awesome, but then I started talking to coworkers and friends of mine and they all seemed to unanimously think it was horrible. So I decided to go ahead and test how renting movies on iTunes works and to see just how HD their HD movies are. So I picked MOS and I just got done watching it. I have to say that I like the movie even more the second time around.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why everyone seems to be so up in arms against this movie. As a kid who grew up a Superman fan, this is the Superman movie I've always wanted to see. Ah well, I guess people are just kind of stuck in the Christopher Reeve Superman rut and can't get out. But I think comparing Man of Steel to the Richard Donner films is a bit like comparing Christian Bale's Batman to the Adam West Batman and complaining that they're not the same. They're not supposed to be the same.

First, I like your post (and the MoS movie) BigBarada.

Nest, I'll add that I think Russel Crowe's performance as Jor-El stole the movie! He was awesome and I loved how in this version of Superman, you see Jor-El or his computerized interactive hologram actually take part in the action of the film - and he's awesome!

Jor-El was the "anti-Brainiac" on Kal's side in this movie. I watch this film just for Russel Crowe's great job he did.

Ultimate Cast:

Clark / Kal-El: Tom Welling
    Lois Lane: Margot Kidder
    Lex Luthor: tie - Michael Rosenbaum / Kevin Spacey
    Lana Lang: Kristin Kruek
    Jonathon Kent: John Schneider
    Martha Kent: O'Toole (forgot the Smallville mom's first name)
    Joe-El: Russel Crowe
    Lara (Kryptonian Mom - I think Linda Carter aka WonderWoman guest starred on Smallville to play her)
    General Zod (new guy from MoS)
    Brainiac - Spike dude from Buffy that was on Smallville
    Green Arrow - Robby Amel (Arrow TV show)
    Bruce Wayne / Batman - Michael Keaton, but Christian Bale is very good - especially in DK Rises

Basically, I totally get behind Smallville, but there are SOME good discrepancies.

What I like about Tom Welling OVER Christopher Reeve, is that Tom sometimes shows Kal-El can get mad, can lose patience, and he's not always "Super"-NICE.

Superman has to "do the right thing" and be a good guy at the end of the day. But Christopher Reeve is even nice to Lex and Zod.

He can do the right, truthfully just thing in the end, but I want to let Kal-El HATE. Yeah, I like him being pushed to his dark side and want revenge or give up on someone like Zod. In MoS, the actor really pushed him to hating Zod and actually killing him -and Superman doesn't kill. I like the story it told when he made a singular exception.

He also wouldn't punch out Lex Luthor. He could kill a human that way. But I think in some future film, Lex could push him so far that Kal destroys a rock or the ground next to him because he is driven to such anger by Lex that he wants to kill him.

If Lex ever killed Lois Lane or Lana Lang, for example.

Christopher Reeve defined the character but he almost always was smiling.

I'd be having Superman be almost like "Lex - I want to kill you! I really do! But I won't. It'd be too easy and thus too wrong for me, who's so powerful next to you. But you know what? You've actually made me hate you so much, that I'm going to spend serious time hoping someone kills you. I'm all out of patience with you now."

That would be a dramatic, maybe memorable dialogue for a hero like Kal.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Rocky IV, the first time I'd seen it straight through in a long time. It has it all: pathos and a patriotic and human call to action, decent movie-quality Russian accents, full-song montages, flashbacks of the first three movies, juxtaposed training sequences, an inspirational and translated speech for unity, steroid-created abs.

Then I watched the first 15 minutes or so of the Vth film. No desire to see it all the way through, though.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    What's different about this edition, JJB? Cut or extended scenes? Or just commentary?
    I think its bonus stuff, I didn't listen to the commentary so I can't really comment on that.

I watched a Transformers movie marathon with Michael Bay's films.

I really like all of them.

Well done.