Page 427 of 431 FirstFirst ... 327377417423424425426427428429430431 LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 4308
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    The Hot Toys Alien and Predator 1/6 scale stuff are some of the finest collectible items every made. I think I like the Predator stuff best.

Their Batman and GI Joe lines are incredible, too.

But Aliens ARE Transformers: they go from egg to face-hugger to embryo to chest-burster to alien (or egg-laying queen)

Who knows? One might evolve wings, but I seriously doubt wheels.
    Well.......since you put it that way, then I guess Transformers is one of my favorite franchises as well. It seems like they've made a couple dozen version of the alien over the years. I have a Hot Toys Captain Dallas & Kane, and they are outstanding. Dallas looks exactly like Tom Skerrit. Kane doesn't look anything like John Hurt since he didn't sign off on his likeness, but its still a great piece. NECA has a new Kane coming out, but it too doesn't have John Hurts likeness, just the burnt through helmet and the face hugger.

I got Desolation of Smaug and started watching it last night. We're about a third of the way through, and I like it, but as you said BigB, it seems to have a fair amount of filler. When it focuses on Bilbo and the dwarfs, then its pretty good. When it gets sidetracked from that, then its not quite as interesting.

Patton 360 is good. My only complaint about the series was it rushed through late 1944 and the rest of the war too fast.

The French gov't was called Vichy. And if you win money on Jeporady because of that answer, a check will do nicely.

Rommel's an interesting character. He was one of Hitler's favorites because he was a hard-charger, went the extra distance, especially during the fall of France. He had Hitler's ear and went directly to him quite frequently on matters. But being the golden child bit Rommel in the butt with his contemporaries. They didn't care much for him. Rommel was really frustrated while trying to build the Atlantic Wall. He was promised everything and the world but didn't get it.

The Trail of the Fox is an interesting book written about Rommel. I recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47151 View Post
    The French gov't was called Vichy. And if you win money on Jeporady because of that answer, a check will do nicely.
    No dice OC, I already knew that!

The Trail of the Fox is an interesting book written about Rommel. I recommend it.
    Have you read his book Infantry Attacks!? He wrote the book on tank warfare but its rather dry....like most military tresties.

As far as watching the moving pictures yesterday I watched American Hustle. Not bad, I love me some Amy Adams.

Watched a documentary about The Ultimate Warrior last night on WWE Network, it was very well done, with a lot of emotion, and was very sad to watch towards the end.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

12 Years A Slave ~ what can really be said? Terrible time, terrible history. Seems like darn near everybody was in that film.

Meet The Millers ~ Watched right after the above, quite the change of pace to say the least. Yeah you could see the ending coming a mile away but it was still an entertaining movie.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Watched a documentary about The Ultimate Warrior last night on WWE Network, it was very well done, with a lot of emotion, and was very sad to watch towards the end.
    Saw a documentary on Mid-South Wrestling in the 80s. It was really fun to watch. Showed the debuts of many famous wrestlers, including the Ultimate Warrior and Sting as the Bladerunners.

Another 30 For 30 documentary: Bad Boys, about the 1980s-era Detroit Pistons basketball team. I usually disliked them (couldn't really say hated), but this gave them some humanity. A little bit.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Disney's Bears documentary that follows a year of a mother brown bear, Sky, and her two cubs, Amber and Scout. Great camera shots, wonderful scenery, and a "storyline" that works, even some funny parts.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Saw Godzilla last night. Wow! Gareth Edwards delivered. I was both skeptical and excited when I went in - skeptical because I'm often disappointed with properties I'm invested in because of genre or legacy (such as my utter disappointment in Pacific Rim last year) and excited because I had seen Monsters several years ago and had evidence of what Edwards could do with visual storytelling. Godzilla did not disappoint me and I look forward to seeing it again. I saw a 3D screening, so maybe I'll go IMAX next.

Cliff 'Em All, its a 'film' of fan footage of Metallica's late bass player Cliff Burton. Some of it is pretty low quality at times, some of it is downright terrible but there isn't much footage of the band in the early days and as far as concert footage its all bootleg so you can only do so much with what you have. Still it was interesting to see, if you're not a Metallica fan then you probably don't really need to bother.