Page 70 of 431 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    Now I enjoyed Talladega Nights, but this is still good news to me. Talladega definitely drug at times and wasn't, well consistently funny as you put it Caesar, though it had its moments. Its good to hear that Blades is more consistent. I may or may not check this one out in the theater. I'm still undecided. What do you think? Also, how did Fischer do?
    I definitely want to see it again in the theater, it really cracked me up so many times. It's a dumb movie, natch, but very funny.

My comments about Talladega are not meant to be a total put down, because I agree the movie DOES have some good moments. To me though, they were too few and far between, while so many other people I know seemed to think it was hilarious.

Will Ferrell was at his zenith with Anchorman and will never top it, so I didn't expect Talladega to do that, but it was a real let down for me. Blades of Glory, on the other hand, was hilarious.

How does Fisher do? Well, if I typed out my reaction here it would get me banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    My comments about Talladega are not meant to be a total put down, because I agree the movie DOES have some good moments. To me though, they were too few and far between, while so many other people I know seemed to think it was hilarious.

Will Ferrell was at his zenith with Anchorman and will never top it, so I didn't expect Talladega to do that, but it was a real let down for me.
    Gotta agree. Talladega was a total let down. I remember people saying it better than Anchorman. Pfffft! Yeah right. I haven't really cared to watch it a second time yet.

Like you cats said, there are good moments, but they are definitely few and far between.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I definitely want to see it again in the theater, it really cracked me up so many times. It's a dumb movie, natch, but very funny.
    Okay cool. I'll make my best efforts to see it in the theater then.

Oh I understand, and I agree. I don't believe I have watched Talladega since seeing it in the theater. I do remember some pretty funny scenes though. John C Reilly was great.

Will Ferrell was at his zenith with Anchorman and will never top it, so I didn't expect Talladega to do that, but it was a real let down for me. Blades of Glory, on the other hand, was hilarious.
    Will Ferrell as Ron Burgundy was amazing, though I hope he does top it at some point. It would be rather depressing to think that his performances and roles would only get worse, in a sense. It will be difficult though, not gonna argue with that.

How does Fisher do? Well, if I typed out my reaction here it would get me banned.

Speaking of Fischer, I'm recording Slither in HD right now. I've been wanting to watch this one again for a while now, just never found the time to break out the dvd. It'll be sweet to check it out in HD; I'm excited. Maybe I'll be able to spot Kauffman now, since I couldn't on the dvd.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Finished watching Fight Club. That was a f***ed up movie. A really good movie, but pretty f***ed up.

I might also catch a showing of TMNT today and go to the theater again tomorrow to see Blades of Glory after reading that good review from Caesar.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Two movies for me: "The Pursuit of Happyness"- Very good uplifting movie. Smith is pretty fantastic and his son does a great job.

"The Prestige"- very awesome flick with solid performances all around with a TWISTED ending. I enjoyed it, but when it comes to recent magic movies, "The Illusionist" takes the cake.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    "The Prestige"- very awesome flick with solid performances all around with a TWISTED ending. I enjoyed it, but when it comes to recent magic movies, "The Illusionist" takes the cake.
    I really liked both The Prestige and The Illusionist. If I had to pick which one I liked better, I'd have to agree with you and say The Illusionist.

I watched an outstanding movie last night; Children of Men. Fantastic movie, all around.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

The Spy Who Loved Me
    The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe Special Edition

I did like Narnia with the extra stuff, a few things at the battle sequence, a little bit of extra walking/exposing scenes.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Watched when a stranger calls last night. I would have rather sit on my hand for 90 minutes and given myself a stranger
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Watched when a stranger calls last night. I would have rather sit on my hand for 90 minutes and given myself a stranger
    OMG!!! You did not just say that.

The remake I'm assuming, and not the original kh?

Yes, the remake
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten