Page 79 of 433 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    I agree, but I did like the action scenes. What I just couldn't understand was how all the characters fit together. The way it was all presented confused me. Also like you said the dialogue was too hard to comprehend and it seemed like everyone was talking with a muzzle on.
    Yeah, the dialogue was all crazy muffled. It's like they were trying to for the noir effect with quick and direct dialogue, but it sounded like they were chewing on newspaper. There isn't much character interaction though, aside from the cops and the mob boss (drop me a PM if you wanna get detailed. I don't wanna spoil it). Plus, they only had 1-2 action scenes. Plus, the subplot with the karate kid!?!?! What the crap was that?!?! Just a huge let down.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    Haha! Seriously? Even with the church scene?
    Oh definately! Mom said she laughed during the first church scene (from above, wink wink) and dad loves horror movies like me (he and I saw "Land of the Dead" and "Slither" together), so he loved the gorier scenes. Mom said she was laughing pretty hard at the end comment from __________ when they said, "This really really hurts!"

I'm pretty proud'em for enjoying it.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I haven't been able to watch much of anything lately because I've been super busy. However,

Last night I did watch the Night of the Living Dead remake. It was on the Univ. HD channel and it looked amazing. Great movie. Easily one of my favorite and one of the better remakes out there.

Following NOTLD, I watched the Butterfly Effect.

It's good to hear that you fellas enjoyed Hot Fuzz. I'm looking forward to checking that one out. And it's kinda disappointing to hear that Smokin' Aces wasn't all that good.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I liked Smokin Aces in the theater, it was weird but fun.

I watched Swingers last night since I am trying to get over the pain of a lost relationship and I needed to listen to Ron Livingston's little talk that he gave Favreau.

I haven't seen Swingers in years. Or Made for that matter. Probably time I revisit both of those.

I watched The Iron Giant today which is easily one of my favorite animated films. I highly recommend it to those of you who haven't seen it.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    I watched The Iron Giant today which is easily one of my favorite animated films. I highly recommend it to those of you who haven't seen it.
    Dern tootin'!

Brad Bird = early Simpsons = The Iron Giant = The Incredibles = freaking awesome
    Tommy, close your eyes.

"Pursuit of Happyness"

Not exactly a "feel good" movie for me (even though you know at the on-set that you know Chris Gardner ends up a bazillionaire and on Orca, I mean, Oprah).

It was more like watching a wrestling match between Don Knotts and Andre the Giant. I kept thinking "how much more can this guy take?". I admire Gardner for prevailing over all his obstacles in life (who doesn't have them?) but the movie was torture and I just wanted it to be over!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Let's see....today I watched New Jersey finish off Tampa Bay, Red Sox sweep the Yanks, and Calgary blow their chances for a Game 7
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Tried to watch The New World. Disjointed, historically inaccurate, and downright boring. After Mrs Chux complained about these points, I checked the clock and realized it had been on for 45 minutes. We decided that, since nothing had happened and the movie was almost halfway over and not worth watching, it would be a shame to waste the time on the other half of the movie.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Watched Underworld Evolution. Decent movie.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I loved Underworld Evolution. I'm waiting for a 2discer to be released.

Last night I watched "Stuttering Stanley, Stuttering Stanley"

Today I watched Apollo 13. Great movie. I think that was only the 2nd time I had seen it too.

I got my Major League dvd in the mail today so I'm gonna put that one on tonight if I have time. It's really cool too. The slip cover/case is fake grass. I love fancy/cheesy packaging!