Page 85 of 427 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    That bad, huh? When I first read about it, I was actually looking forward to it.

I can tell you how it got made. Two simple words: Mike Judge. So far, his resume includes Office Space, Beavis and Butt-Head, and King of the Hill. It being so bad may explain why it never got a wider release, though.
    Yeah, I thought it was pretty horrible. I was going to turn it off actually, but for some reason I decided to finish it. I maybe laughed three or four times throughout the entire movie. I like Mike Judge, even though I can live without King of the Hill (never was a fan of that show). I hope his next effort is much better. I can't stand Mya Roudolph so that probably had something to do with it too.

I watched The Descent last night, I love this movie!
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Watched: "Letters from Iwo Jima" and "The Good German" this weekend. "Letters" was superb, a great companion to "Flags of our Fathers" and if I were asked, I'd have to say I enjoyed "Letters" more due to its unique viewpoint and narrative.

"The Good German" was really crappy. It tried to be a noir film, but only went so far as to make it black and white. There was no noir-esque dialogue, action, intrigue, suspense, romance, etc. Really boring 2 hours.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Just watched Letters From Iwo Jima and thought it was incredible. Even better than "Flags of Our Fathers" in my opinion..and that movie was great in itself. I may have to buy this one.

Earlier today I watched my new copy of The Transformers Movie. One of my all time favorites.

Later I am going to see Hannibal Rising. Hope this one is good.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    Later I am going to see Hannibal Rising. Hope this one is good.
    Hey, be sure to let us know if this one is good, please.

Yesterday I had a Rambo marathon; watched First Blood, First Blood: Part II and Rambo III.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    Hey, be sure to let us know if this one is good, please.
    No problem. I will watch it tomorrow and then post what I thought.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester

Hannibal Rising was pretty decent on its own, but as part of the Lecter saga its pretty weak.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Hannibal Rising was a very good flick. Had lots of suspense and kept my interest very well. Like Rocketboy said, it isn't the strongest of the Lecter films but in my opinion it holds its own. Worth a rental.

I just saw Knocked Up. Very funny movie. Not as funny as "The 40 Year Old Virgin", but still a great comedy. I definitely recommend it. I can't really go into detail about it because the movie is all R-rated material, from start to finish. But if you're a fan of the work of Judd Apatow ("Freaks and Geeks", "The 40 Year Old Virgin") like I am, then you're definitely going to like it.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Good to hear that Hannibal Rising is decent. I'll be sure to check that one out sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    I just saw Knocked Up. Very funny movie. Not as funny as "The 40 Year Old Virgin", but still a great comedy. I definitely recommend it. I can't really go into detail about it because the movie is all R-rated material, from start to finish. But if you're a fan of the work of Judd Apatow ("Freaks and Geeks", "The 40 Year Old Virgin") like I am, then you're definitely going to like it.
    I've only heard good things about this movie. Although I heard that it kinda loses its umph because of it's length, similar to that of 40YO. 40YO was a bit long, but I still love that movie. But anyways, I have heard that Knocked Up is hilarious. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it GG. I plan on seeing it sometime really soon, maybe next weekend.

I've been on a vampire kick lately. Took down Fright Night a few nights ago. I love this movie; very fun and enjoyable. Then I took down The Lost Boys a couple of nights ago. As you know, this movie is a classic. Great film! Last night I put on Near Dark and finished it up today. I really like this movie. With this past viewing I realized that it features a young Nathan Petrelli from Heroes (Adrian Pasdar), who does a wonderful job as the lead character. But yeah, great movie there. Then I put on Underworld today. I love this movie and I am looking forward to watching the sequel because I haven't seen Evolution in several months. Beckinsale still kills me with that tight black leather, those pretty blue eyes and those fangs.

Watched From Dusk til Dawn today. I love that movie.

Over the last few days I also watched POTC: DMC. I just realized in that movie that the first time they are in the voodoo ladies house, Barbosa is there. Pintel, and the two other pirates look over to the monkey and he is sitting at someones feet and that someone is Barbosa.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten