Page 86 of 431 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
    Letters from Iwo Jima, Flags of our Fathers, Hero's of Iwo Jima, POTC: At Worlds End (can I have those 3 hours back please!) Scrubs seasons III and IV.

Day of Wrath. Little flick about a town in the Spanish Inquisition that has people selling each other out for their heritage. Not great, not bad. Definitely overreaches by trying to say there was forensics in 1550.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I saw a leaked copy of Hostel Part II. Very disappointing for me, as I enjoyed the first one. This one was just awful. I am so glad I didn't pay $10 to see this. And it could have been a promising horror franchise, too.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Watched John Tucker Must Die last night. It was OK, had some funny moments.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Wizard of Oz on TCM. First time wife saw it. She did say they read the book in English class in China and in Chinese when she was very little.
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    Wizard of Oz on TCM. First time wife saw it. She did say they read the book in English class in China and in Chinese when she was very little.
    That's cool. You had the opportunity to show someone an important cultural staple for the first time. So did she like it?
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Yesterday I watched Season one of The Office; today I started Season two and finished the first disc.

I watched Frailty earlier today. I had seen this movie a few times in the past, but it had been a while. I really enjoyed this movie the first time I watched it, when it was first released on dvd many years ago. While I still find it to be a decent movie, it has kinda lost it's luster. I do like Matthew McC. and Bill Paxton, and we can't forget about Powers Boothe; they all did pretty good jobs in this movie. The twist is totally obvious and predictable now, but it caught me off guard during the first viewing years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by kh
    Watched John Tucker Must Die last night. It was OK, had some funny moments.
    Sophia Bush totally made that movie. I would have stopped watching if not for her.

Quote Originally Posted by GG
    I saw a leaked copy of Hostel Part II. Very disappointing for me, as I enjoyed the first one. This one was just awful. I am so glad I didn't pay $10 to see this. And it could have been a promising horror franchise, too.
    I was afraid this was going to be the case for the second installment. I'll check it out, on dvd.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I saw Knocked Up yesterday, I thought it was quite good. I wasn't sure about Seth Rogan being the lead but I thought he did a great job, not as good as The 40 Year Old Virgin but still a solid flick.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    That's cool. You had the opportunity to show someone an important cultural staple for the first time. So did she like it?
    She really enjoyed it. She's so against watching movies on TV because of commercials, so if it is not on Starz or Encore channels that we have, she won't watch it. She kept asking me if there is anyone who would be a star today like Judy Garland (no one), did it win any Academy Awards (only 2), etc.

I watched Stand By Me last night for the first time in years. This is a fantastic movie; another classic. I actually found it to be a much more emotional film than I remembered, maybe because I'm older. Anyways, everything about this movie is great. Rob Reiner does a terrfic job directing, all of the boys do great jobs acting, the story and writing is great (never have read King's short story "The Body" from which the film was based), the music is outstanding... everything. There are definitely some stand-out and very memorable scenes: Chopper, leeches, trying to beat the train, pie eating contest story told by Gordie (Larda**), finding the body and much more. One of my favorite scenes (hysterical, cracks me up every time) is when Vern is standing guard with the gun while everyone is sleeping, when they are camping in the woods; his reaction to the sounds of crickets, frogs and owls is great, pointing that gun at them. Man, I could watch this movie again right now. If any of you have never seen this movie yet, and I don't imagine there are any of you, watch it immediately!!! Highly recommended.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."