Page 87 of 431 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast

That's a great line Caesar!

A couple nights ago I watched A Simple Plan. I really enjoy this movie everytime I watch it. The movie is well directed (Mr. Raimi) and well acted, even though I find myself wanting to slap some of the characters at times (mainly Billy Bob). It is a great story and the movie reminds me a lot of Fargo; another film I need to watch real soon.

Last night I put on The Fugitive. I got about half way through it before I fell asleep. This is another great movie that I plan on finishing up tonight. I had no idea this was directed by Andrew Davis, the same guy who did Under Siege; yet another film I need to revisit real soon.
    BTW - Last night it occured to me that the lady who plays Dept. Marshal Poole (the black lady w/ Tommy Lee Jones) is the same lady who plays Rose in Lost (L. Scott Caldwell).
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Billy Bob Thorton and Harrison Ford deserved Oscars for A Simple Plan and The Fugitive.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I watched Zodiac the other night. I wished he would have come to my house and killed me while I wwas watching this POS
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Watching Let's Make a Deal on GSN.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I watched The Messengers last night. This movie was okay. The movie was pretty creepy (mainly towards the beginning and parts of the middle) and had some good scares at moments. It was a bit predictable though, the ending. This Kristen Stewart chick is something else; she's only 17 too. She has potential. It was directed by the Pang Brothers, so thats a plus. The movie did try to hard at times, which I think hurt it; much like the remake of Pulse. Could have been better, could have been worse.

Just got back from watching Knocked Up. I thought this movie was hilarious. I actually enjoyed it more than The 40 Year Old Virgin too. Can't really go into detail, but if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it!
    BTW- I was really surprised at how many older people were at the showing. I mean people in their late 50's, 60's, 70's and possibly 80's. It was crazy. Of course two old ladies walked out of it, possibly others. What were these people expecting?!?!?
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Watched the following from my list of favorites while I was home from work over the last week and a half recovering from surgery:

The 40 Year Old Virgin
    Kingpin
    Shattered Glass
    Slither
    Moulin Rouge
    Best in Show
    Over the Top
    Chasing Amy
    The Office Season 1
    multiple episodes of The Office Season 2 (plus deleted scenes, bloopers, commentaries, etc)
    multiple episodes of The Sopranos from seasons 3 and 7

On TV, I watched several reruns of Golden Girls and Roseanne, plus many episodes of Criss Angel Mindfreak and Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Watched Smoking Aces today. A decent flick.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Kill Bill Vol I right now..
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    I watched Zodiac the other night. I wished he would have come to my house and killed me while I wwas watching this POS
    My only gripe with this flick was the length. Other than that, I thought it was a very engrossing, detailed flick. The murder scenes were brutal and intense and the sheer volume of investigation the film had was mind blowing. I can see how some wouldn't like it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Watched Smoking Aces today. A decent flick.
    Dude, NO! You bash ZODIAC but you say that this wannabe actionless action flick with ungodly awful is decent!?!!? Bad KH! Bad!

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    That's a great line Caesar!

A couple nights ago I watched A Simple Plan. I really enjoy this movie everytime I watch it. The movie is well directed (Mr. Raimi) and well acted, even though I find myself wanting to slap some of the characters at times (mainly Billy Bob). It is a great story and the movie reminds me a lot of Fargo; another film I need to watch real soon.

Last night I put on The Fugitive. I got about half way through it before I fell asleep. This is another great movie that I plan on finishing up tonight. I had no idea this was directed by Andrew Davis, the same guy who did Under Siege; yet another film I need to revisit real soon.
    BTW - Last night it occured to me that the lady who plays Dept. Marshal Poole (the black lady w/ Tommy Lee Jones) is the same lady who plays Rose in Lost (L. Scott Caldwell).

I watched A SIMPLE PLAN a few months ago for one of my classes and I loved it. It's such a great simple flick about greed, power, and just how wrong humans can be. Very good film.

And I JUST realized the LOST connection a few weeks ago when I was watching THE FUGITIVE on TNT. It took me a few seconds and then I yelped, "holy s***, that's Rose!"

I saw KNOCKED UP yesterday and laughed my a-- off. It's hard to compare it to 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN as they're two different films on every level. Both movies are comedy classics and Judd Apatow is just a terrific writer and filmmaker. He has the ability to make flicks that are just hysterical but also have a lot of heart to them. It was the same with "Freaks and Geeks" and "Undeclared" and I was really happy to see so many of his alum make cameos or have major roles in this flick.

My WM store had a display with a bunch of movies for 4.88. They included flicks like GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK, SYRIANA, KISS KISS, BANG BANG, and then random flicks like ROMEO MUST DIE and DUMB AND DUMBER; there were about 20 various titles in all. I picked up: The Fugitive, US Marshals, Dave, and T3 (2 disc widescreen) for about 18 bucks (with my discount). You can't top that. I think it's a Fathers day display, so be on the look out. Also picked up the Rocky anthology at Target as they had it for $18.99 this week. Score!
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 06-09-2007 at 08:44 PM.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"