Star Trek Beyond: the one where Kirk wears a leg holster and Star Lord's costume

I was already out, so unfortunately I can't slam the door on New Coke Trek anymore, but how can anybody be ok with this?

Name:  1394600588528033058.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  34.1 KB

"Just keep making Star Trek into other franchises until it's unrecognizable, it'll sell like gangbusters and nobody will think about it 10 seconds after walking out of the theater."

Star Lord boots and short jacket? Check.

Han Solo hip holster? Check.

Star Trek in any way? ... Star Trek? ... negatory.

"But he's got his rank and branch color as giant epaulets!" Yup, he sure does.

Good thing this movie is being made by committee led by a guy whose writing experience is 1 small movie and a handful of TV episodes over 12 years, and a guy who has written and starred in some comedies who is actively trying to write a movie that is less Star Trek and more of a western or heist for the lowest common denominator crowd; and directed by the guy who did a few Fast & Furious sequels. This movie reeks of "just get anybody, we have a release date to hit!" and is starting to shape up as an "anniversary" film the same way that Die Another Day was: a terrible dishonoring.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Star Trek in any way? ... Star Trek? ... negatory.
    The outfit sort of reminds me of Enterprise's at a quick glance.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Star-Trek-Enterprise-tv-08.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	28725
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    The outfit sort of reminds me of Enterprise's at a quick glance.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Star-Trek-Enterprise-tv-08.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	28725
    Similar color, shoulder color, top zip, utilitarian trousers. Enterprise's outfits were so bleh though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.