Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deadpool Rocks!

Deadpool Rocks!

Yep, I had to start a thread about the new R rated film known as Deadpool!

It was fantastic! Just go see it, if you are a fan of DP (you know what I mean) then go see this movie.

It's also breaking records and taking names.

Anyone else seen it yet? I took the wife to see it on Valentine's Day.

I am hesitant to post any spoilers.
    May the force be with you.

My wife took me for Valentine's Day and I really enjoyed it. This is a very well written film (a Deadpool movie probably has to be) and it was fun to see two characters that were warped by the Fox-Marvel machine get re-imagined much closer to their original comic personas.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I'm not much of a Deadpool fan, so this movie hasn't really been on my must see list; but I am glad to hear that it's doing well. Most likely I'll wait until it shows up on Blu-Ray to watch it.

So is this essentially a reboot of Deadpool? If so, then maybe it will lead into a full reboot of the X-Men movies.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

I'd say it's a full reboot, though they do poke fun at the Wolverine Origins movie and it's take on Deadpool, despite the fact that the character was played by the same actor.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I saw it on opening day with family and we all liked it very much. And now Fox wants to make all their Marvel properties into R-rated movies, which is the WRONG MESSAGE TO TAKE AWAY FROM THIS. This was all about passion and vision and integrity and thumbing noses at the overly samey establishment of superhero movies.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think it would be fine to do Deadpool 2 and X-Force as R rated films, but they should keep it very limited, time and place what not.

Yeah, it's a re-boot, I believe they have their re-boot on X-Men with the new(ish) cast McAvoy and Fassbender and crew.
    May the force be with you.

I never found Fox's X-Men franchise precious enough to worry about whether or not it's rebooted, X-Men 3 ruined everything. Luckily, Deadpool didn't have the budget to have more important X-Men in it, they tried and failed, so this works no matter what.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Where "text" & "friend" are (n) & "fail" is (v)
    I found this period piece drama to be a bit too high-brow for my tastes. All those waltzes, afternoon teas, and ladies-in-waiting yearning for their beaus, the voice-over diary writing by candlelight...

The fourth wall is gone! Funny, good action (even the frozen-frame slow-mo parts), plenty to look carefully to find.
    From Star Wars Episode VII: the Broadway Edition... FN and the Amazing Technically-Poe's Dream Jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I never found Fox's X-Men franchise precious enough to worry about whether or not it's rebooted, X-Men 3 ruined everything.
    Yeah, until now, the X-Men films have run the gamut from "worst film ever made" to "moderately passable." There is nothing in the previous films that I would consider a great loss if it was all just thrown in the trash.

Deadpool was really good, though. I walked out of the theater this weekend reminded of how I felt after watching the first Iron Man movie. I wasn't a real fan of Iron Man prior to watching the 2008 film, but Robert Downey Jr.'s performance made me into a fan. It's the same with Ryan Reynolds and this new, improved Deadpool. The movie made me a fan of the character, which is kind of the whole point.

I liked almost everything about the movie, except I could have done without the explicit sex scenes. That's not a real slam against Deadpool, though, since I don't like sex scenes in any movie that I watch.

I was also really surprised by how good the effects were considering this film's budget was almost 25% of most major tentpole movies. Probably because they kept the CG effects simple and only included them where they served the story. Colossus looked more plastic than metal most of the time, but that's probably because my eyes aren't accustomed to seeing metallic objects move and bend so freely. Either way, I prefer this Colossus over the one that we got in the X-Men films. Deadpool's tiny, regenerating hand was probaby my favorite effect from the film. Not only was it really well done, but it made its appearance in the most hilarious way possible.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Glad you liked it Bel-Cam, even with all the frilly dresses and "muh'lady"s. Thanks for everything, that was a cool trip.

And BB, glad to hear you enjoyed it too. I am the same re Iron Man, that's a good point. I hear ya on the sex, it's not something the character is known for either.

BCJ, Chux, Bikerscout, JabbaJohn, and I met up, hung out, and then caught Deadpool on Sunday. The second viewing held up nicely, this movie does exactly what it sets out to do, nails it, and is just fun to watch. It was great to look over and see all their reactions to the fun stuff.

This movie has made over $609 million worldwide now, that's over 10x its $58 mil budget! And yet all Hollywood sees is "R-rated means money", not "passion and vision means trust from audiences".