Page 1 of 433 123451151101 ... LastLast

What have you watched recently?

This is basically a thread where you can post and discuss what movies you have watched recently and what you thought of them. These movies can be old, new, in the theater, on dvd, tv, etc, it doesn't matter. It’s just a general thread. This would also be a good place to discuss films that don't need a thread dedicated to them, like Lollilove , j/k Caesar. I do ask one thing which applies mainly to the newer films; please try to avoid from posting any spoilers unless you give warning. Thank you.

Well I guess I'll start. I watched Running Scared last Friday, on dvd, and it was surprisingly good. Sure, some of the parts of the movie and dialogue were kinda cheesy, (what move starring Paul Walker isn’t?) but overall it was a good film. I found one of the sub-plots in the movie to be pretty disturbing (if anyone has seen this film you probably know what I'm talking about) but it was well done and played out perfectly. It definitely added to the movie and made it even better. Running Scared definitely has its twists and turns although most of these occur towards the end of the film. I don’t want to give anything away but like I said, I was really surprised at what a good movie this turned out to be and I can highly recommend it, at least as a rental.

I have also recently watched Date Movie, well about the first 20 minutes of it, and had to stop watching. It was horrible. Stay far very far away from this one.

Sooo.... what have you all watched lately?
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Mostly tv shows for me: Deadwood Season II, Dr. Katz Season I along with Waiting for Guffman and Wayne's World.

we're doing the entire star trek tng but we took time out to watch dark star. how is it possible that the sound is even WORSE on dvd than on video?

I watched Batman Begins the other night.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I've been watching a lot of Batman Begins and Revenge of the Sith on HBO.

Saw The Ringer the other day. Not bad, but not good either. Sloppy plot and editing.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I watch Pootie Tang on a regular basis.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

The Big Lebowski
    Revenge of the Sith
    Deadwood Seasons 2/3
    Batman
    Batman Returns
    Batman & Robin
    Batman Begins
    --those 4 have been playing on HBO lately
    --but not Batman Forever
    LolliLove
    The Office (U.S.) Season 1
    Wedding Crashers

Star Wars
    American Wedding
    Beavis & Butt-Head, collection 2 (much better than the first set)
    Random Simpsons episodes
    Revenge of the Sith
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the first movie)
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

Quote Originally Posted by tagmac
    Beavis & Butt-Head, collection 2 (much better than the first set)
    Good to hear.

I also recently watched "Grandma's Boy" which turned out to be much better than I had anticipated. One character, JP I think his name was, killed the movie everytime he was on the screen, but other than that it was pretty funny and surprisingly decent.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I saw Nacho Libre on Friday, and watched Domino yesterday. I enjoyed both, but for very different reasons.
    You'll never have another boss like me someone who's basically a chilled-out entertainer.
    David Brent