Page 4 of 436 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Nah, I saw him speak at Comic-Con (I got into the theater early for the King Kong presentation, and saw his entire thing on Serenity). The guy was such a blithering idiot, I find it very tough to believe that anything worthwhile could come from his diseased and tormented mind. Nothing to do with Buffy, though the episode or two I caught of it were a bit boring and over the top. Oh, and there's only one Buffy, and her name is Kristy Swanson.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I never got a "blithering" feeling from the TV show, if that's any consolation?

Nor have I Caesar.

Well I watched 16 Blocks last night, I think the name was. Bruce Willis and Mos Def. The movie was okay, can't say I recommend it; maybe when it's on cable. Mos Def did a really good job though.

I'm going to try and get through some movies this weekend. I've got Underworld: Evolution and The Hills Have Eyes (UR) from Netflix. I'm really looking forward to both of those.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I just watched United 93 at the $1.50 theater. It was pretty slow in the beginning but still interesting to see how bass ackwards the military and FAA were...I did enjoy it, but it ended up making me mad again and very sad. And even though you know what happens, there's this faint glimmer of hope that they'll actually make it.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Well Chux and UK, I guess I find the Firefly theme song to be a tad on the "blithering" side...but other than that, no.

I thought the one or two episodes I saw of Buffy were terrible and I never saw Angel.
    I saw Serenity before any of Firefly, and that really put a damper on me seeing Firefly (and I still think seeing Firefly is necessary to understanding/enjoying Serenity, but I digress). I just happened to grab a disc at video store one day and I was hooked.

And Joss has done a bang up job on Astonishing X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Deox
    I just watched United 93 at the $1.50 theater. It was pretty slow in the beginning but still interesting to see how bass ackwards the military and FAA were...I did enjoy it, but it ended up making me mad again and very sad. And even though you know what happens, there's this faint glimmer of hope that they'll actually make it.
    Actually, I just saw it tonight also. Very good movie, but as you said, it ****ed me off and made me sad again.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I watched Underworld: Evolution last night and frickin' loved it! I enjoyed it more than the first one. Kate Beckinsale is wicked hot too. It's just something about the tight black leather, pretty blue eyes and fangs.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I watched Underworld Evol just the other day and thought it was pretty good too. I really enjoyed the first one so it's nice to see a sequel that measures up. The "origin" storyline was well-done & and I liked the return of the characters from the last film - Viktor, Amelia, & Kraven. I wonder what happened to that kiss-*** blonde vamp from the first movie though.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

You're right, the "origin" storyline was very well done. Markus and William Corvinus were just outstanding; amazing really. The special effects were incredible and much improved. Especially the morphing between human form and lycan and such. I really enjoyed the first Underworld but I thought this one was better. This is definitely a sequel that measures up to the first and supersedes it, imo. I've already watched it again. I recommend it to all!

I also watched The Hills Have Eyes (unrated). I still don't know what to make of it. I'm not sure if I liked it, hated it, or what. I guess it was okay. I dunno.... I was disappointed, I know that much.

I saw the Underworld sequel in the theater, and had forgotten about how much I liked it until you guys brought it up. Must watch again.

I'm sad to say that I finally watched Hellboy for the first time yesterday. Not bad at all.
    You'll never have another boss like me someone who's basically a chilled-out entertainer.
    David Brent