Page 14 of 427 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    I hear that... and respect that... Although I will admit that I enjoy the Night of the Living Dead remake better than Land of the Dead. I'm assuming you'd put the NOTLD remake after Land?
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Night '90 is a great movie, worthy of inclusion in the Romero Pantheon IMO. Not sure if I could quite rank it with the other 3 of my favorites but it's right up there (even if the Bill Moseley dummy does take me out of the cemetary scene ).

So that's what the hell a Borat is. I just recall at Comic-Con they, totally unannounced, play a pretty damned explicit clip in one of the Hollywood panel sessions. Nothing on the schedule to indicate it, just wedged in right before Stardust/The Transformers.

That reminds me: I need to write to Comic-Con and complain about this. I haven't done so yet, and it had slipped my mind. I personally wasn't offended, but there were a lot of kids in the room whose parents had no reason to believe there'd be five minutes of two naked guys in a fight that simulated various sex acts. I really felt bad for a guy who walked in with his (probably) five year old daughter right as it came on, and stood there in the aisle with a "holy tapdancing crap, what the hell am I going to tell her about this?" look on his face.

If the schedule says Quentin Tarantino or Kevin Smith are giving a panel, you know to expect a lot of profanity. Don't bring the little ones unless you don't mind hearing the F-bomb fifty times in a ten minute period. But this was beyond ridiculous to show without any indication that anything out of the ordinary would be on the screen.

And it was funny for about three seconds of the five minutes, then got older than any joke I've ever seen.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    Ain't nothing wrong with a Kevin Smith evening.
    That reminds me - I'd like to watch "An Evening With Kevin Smith" again.
    2 discs, 4 hours of a Kevin Smith Q&A. Sounds like carp, but it's really funny.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Borat is great Chux, he does some great sendups of his interview subjects.
    His rendition of the Kajakstani national anthem at the minor league baseball game was just on HBO again not long ago and I love that one. "I like USA, do you like me?"

Many of my favorite Borat bits can't be typed here.

My problem wasn't that he wasn't funny (though he seems like an updated of Yakov Smirnov to me), or that the scene showed was offensive, but that it was so explicit, and shown completely without warning. When the movie comes out, if the scene isn't cut, you'll see what I mean.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    How was Larry the Cable guy movie?!?!?! need I ask?
    If you like the crude, redneck humor that he offers then its a great movie. If not and you never got into the whole "Blue Collar" comedy, stay away.
    I liked it myself!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Just watched Jurassic Park again today.
    The more I watch it, the less annoying the kids get.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

With the recent mention of Kevin Smith; I watched Jersey Girl tonight. Good flick!

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels
    If you like the crude, redneck humor that he offers then its a great movie. If not and you never got into the whole "Blue Collar" comedy, stay away.
    I liked it myself!!
    Sounds about right. I still don't believe he has his own movie, but I'm going to check it out. I did enjoy Blue Collar, the first one moreso than the second one. I didn't care for the tv show. Good to hear you liked it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    The more I watch it, the less annoying the kids get.
    Yea... At first I wanted those Raptors to gut and eat the kids, but now they don't really bother me. Gotta love Jeff Goldblum... Oh yea, and that Snakes on a motherf**king plane guy!!!
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I'm watching The Silence of the Lambs right now for the first time in awhile...I love it. It's very nostalgic for me as I recall reading the novel around age 13 and then seeing the movie when it came out on VHS. In fact it was the first movie I ever bought. I also remember watching it do well at the Oscars and I thought it was cool that this scary movie was getting some recognition.

So yeah, I put it in tonight and right now they're rolling Hannibal up to Senator Martin.

The cast is great, I could do a whole post on the cast but for now I'll just cite a few pop cultural references that came out of this movie which I still love:

1) That Wayne's World sketch where Mike Myers refers to Miggs as flicking his "man g**" on Jodie Foster
    2) Clerks II, natch
    3) Stewie on Family Guy with the "It rubs the lotion on its skin" bit

Great movie. Ted Levine steals the show.