Page 39 of 440 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Out of curiosity, where would Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Batman: Sub-Zero, Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman, and The Batman Superman Movie fit in, or have you seen those?

Personally, I think Mask of the Phantasm is a very close second behind Batman Begins.
    well I never saw the Mystery of the Batwoman, but I would have to put the animated films in this order:

Mask of the Phantasm
    Batman / Superman
    Batman Subzero
    Batman Beyond Return of the Joker
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Just saw Clerks II, and... well... the secret drug that made everyone think it was the best Kevin Smith film yet must've been added to the water supply when I was out of town. (Maybe it's the same chemical that makes people find Spongebob Squarepants to be funny.)

It attempted several things that could've worked in the animated series (like the big dance number) but failed miserably in the context of a live action film, it retreaded practically everything from the original (what will they do on the roof in Clerks III?), and, for God's sake, will someone please threaten to kill everyone Smith knows if he ever uses Jay and Silent Bob again?

Not totally unwatchable, and some freaking hilarious scenes (the "PM" routine with Wanda Sykes was worth the price of admission alone), but overall, it just fell flat.

Since we're listing:

Kevin Smith movies, best to worst:

Dogma: The most re-watchable, and there's some point to the silliness. There's actually a very deep movie hidden in there.
    Jersey Girl: Too bad the only people who watched this wanted crotch and fart jokes, and it failed. This proved he actually has some great stories that don't involve J&SB.
    Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back: This should've been the topper to the series that it was intended to be. A great slapstick movie, lots of self-parody.
    Mallrats: More great slapstick.
    Chasing Amy: Not quite Jersey Girl, but the first indications that he had something more in him.
    Clerks: A bit dated, a bit dull at times (sometimes for several minutes at a time), but the good outweighs the bad.
    Clerks II: In a nutshell, it just tried too damned hard.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Wow, my Kevin Smith Best of list is almost the total opposite.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Watched the Davinci code last night. I wish i had my 2 + hours back.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I went and saw Black Christmas tonight. I can't wait for in 15 years TNT starts doing 24 hours of Black Christmas.

"You'll stab your eye out kid!!"
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Watched the Davinci code last night. I wish i had my 2 + hours back.
    Preach on brother! I'm still mad at myself for the time I wasted back in May.

Watched Dead Man's Chest the other day; my second viewing since seeing it once at the theatre. I found I liked it better than when I saw it last summer. I still don't care for Davy Jones and his crustacean-cursed pirates. I suppose using skeleton pirates again would be like putting two Death Stars in the same trilogy. Oh yeah, there's still a third movie yet...

I also finished Futurama Vol. 4. I think there were only one or two episodes that I'd seen before, so it was like viewing an entirely new season for me.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Went and saw Borat again last night. Just as funny as the first time.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

watched pirates 2 last night and watching Mr & Mrs Smith now. would love to see action figures made from this movie. c'mon who wouldn't watch an action figure of Angelina in the Dom outfit.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Watched The Big Lebowski the other day. Funny shi**in movie.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten