Page 41 of 427 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Well I know Solo, Slick, and I all really like it. I almost re-watched it again the other day myself.
    If you're expecting Saving Private Ryan you will be disappointed.
    Personally. I think a lot of people didn't like it because it was a WWII movie without the U.S., something we don't typically see.
    I didn't like it because I didn't think it was all that great of a movie. I'm just fine with a WW II not involving the US, heck there aren't that many that we see here so its a nice change of pace, however like I said I didn't think it was all that great of a movie.

Saw a good portion of The Last Samurai again in between trying to calm a (likely) teething baby. That movie never gets old.

Tom Cruise is one of those guys that you absolutely hate offscreen, but when he's acting, you've got to admit he's pretty damned good at it.

And Ken Watanabe could portray a glass of milk and it would be Oscar-worthy.

Throw in samurai (and even some ninjas! Wooooooo!!) and a tragic, Braveheart-esque story, and this is a classic.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It wasn't until I saw The Last Samurai and Colateral that I actually thought Tom Cruise was a good actor. Then he went all looney tunes.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    Darn it! Not the kind of review that I was hoping you'd give Slick. I'm definitely holding off on seeing this one then. I'll wait for the dvd release, mainly to see how it stacks up to the original Black Christmas.
    I guess I could've been a bit harsh since I didn't realize that it was a remake. I haven't even seen the original (obviously) so I don't know how it stacks up.

It's not that it was a particularly bad movie it's just that you could literally figure out the entire damn thing within minutes. They really didn't try and keep you in suspense.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138 View Post
    True dat. With the exception of the opening sequence, there's not too much in terms of "over-the-topness".
    I watched Over the Top last Wednesday. Loved it as always !

watched Sky High last night on HBO. thought the movie was cute and funny, plus Kelly Preston in tights, can't beat it. the plot was decent as far as Superhero movies go.

the storylinewas good, a kid born of two Superhero parents who doesn't know what his superhero power is, goes to Sky High, the school for SuperHero's in training and gets cast as a sidekick, much to the dislike of his father (Kurt Russell). after seeing his friends in danger, the young superhero releases his powers are superstrenght like his father, and later in the movie discovers that he also has the ability of flight like his mother.

if you want a good / cute movie to laugh at rent this one or catch it on cable. also has some cute superheroines and villians. Mary Elizabeth Winstead (from Black Christmas) plays the villian, pain in the neck. also has Linda Carter as the principal in the flick, would have loved to see her in the Wonder Woman costume, but she does use a line towards the end of the flick, she says something like, "you know, I'm not Wonder Woman."
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I thought it was a decent movie.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I watched those Motherf***ing Snakes on a Motherf***ing Plane last night. It was a fun movie.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Watched You Me and Dupree last night. A decent movie with some funny points. Its not Wedding Crashers or 40YOV funny, but decent.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Saw Red Eye on Cinemax the other night. Wasn't bad, but I could've found a better way to spend an hour and a half.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]