Page 47 of 433 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    Going through my Marvel DVD collection. Watched Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 last night. Just watched The Punisher and I'm in the middle of Fantastic Four. Tomorrow, I'll cap it off with the X-Men Trilogy. Make mine Marvel, indeed.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I watched The Descent again yesterday. Man I love that movie. Easily one of the better horror movies to come out in recent years.

I've still been watching The X-Files, season 8, and I'm almost done with that. I think I have a couple more episodes to go. Then I'll take down Season 9 and be done with it. WOOHOO!!!

Just picked up SAW III, which I will probably watch here in a minute, and then again later this weekend. I can't wait to check it out again as it was probably my favorite of the series thus far.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Mild-mannered psychologist John Holden (Dana Andrews) travels to England to join an investigation into an occult leader in 1957’s Curse of the Demon. Holden’s British colleague dies at the hands of a fiery demon (that looks a lot like a Balrog) and soon finds himself facing a similar fate. Not a bad show with fairly decent special effects for the time. This movie features a scene with children playing the board game Snakes and Ladders, the original version of a game more recognizable to most of us as Milton-Bradley’s syrupy Chutes and Ladders.

I didn’t enjoy 1960’s House of Usher as much. A young man on a visit to his betrothed finds a crumbling mansion inhabited by brother and sister, both suffering strange maladies and haunted by sins of the past. Brother Roderick Usher (Vincent Price) ends up burying his sister alive, who later escapes her tomb in a fit of madness, attacking her brother and bringing down the house of Usher. This one was directed by low-budget horror maestro Roger Corman with a script by Richard Matheson, adapted from the Poe story.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I watched Dumbo the other day for the first time in YEARS and it was still great. I didn't realize that it's only slightly over an hour long but nonetheless a damn good movie. I still almost cried when he goes to visit his mother...

I just got done watching The Benchwarmers and that was an unexpectedly funny movie. My roommate was watching it so I told him to start it over and I laughed hard several times. It was another good Happy Madison movie.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I've had a massive movie fest over the last week, including: Bourne Identity/Supremacy, Wicker Man (original), Birth of a Nation (distubing, really really disturbing), original Dracula, Inside Man, Hard Candy, Seventh Seal, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning and about to cap it off with World Trade Center.
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 01-27-2007 at 02:34 PM.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Finally got around to watching Talladega Nights.
    Not bad, but not nearly as great as I had heard.
    And nowhere near as good as Old School or Anchorman.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Wicker Man (original)
    I just got through watching Wicker Man the first time today, b/c I wanted to see it before the remake, of course. It was a very interesting movie. Now, I'm not even sure I want to see the remake... as I feel, it is a film that should have never been remade in the first place.

Last night I watched Saw III again. Really good stuff. Afterwards I watched Gridiron Gang which turned out to be a pretty decent football film. Not quite on the same level as Remember the Titans or Friday Night Lights, but it was still enjoyable.

Gonna watch TCM: The Beginning tonight.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    I just got through watching Wicker Man the first time today, b/c I wanted to see it before the remake, of course. It was a very interesting movie. Now, I'm not even sure I want to see the remake... as I feel, it is a film that should have never been remade in the first place.

Last night I watched Saw III again. Really good stuff. Afterwards I watched Gridiron Gang which turned out to be a pretty decent football film. Not quite on the same level as Remember the Titans or Friday Night Lights, but it was still enjoyable.

Gonna watch TCM: The Beginning tonight.
    WM is definately an interesting movie. Creepy and thought provoking though. I really enjoyed it.

I was going to buy Saw III but I figured that there will be some wacky SE down the road.

and i'm warning ya: TCM is a letdown. sorry.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    WM is definately an interesting movie. Creepy and thought provoking though. I really enjoyed it.
    Yea, definitely thought provoking... and the more I think about it, the more I like it. Have you seen the remake JMG? or anyone else? If so, is it worth a look? or is it just another awful remake?

I was going to buy Saw III but I figured that there will be some wacky SE down the road.

and i'm warning ya: TCM is a letdown. sorry.
    Yea, I couldn't wait for a 'true' SE release of Saw III, although I did get the Target exclusive with the bonus disc... although I don't feel it was worth the extra $7. The bonus disc only has like 12 minutes of features on it, rather disappointing. When it gets the real Special Edition treatment, which is most certainly will, I'll be double dipping for sure!

Yea, I don't remember hearing too many good things about TCM: The Beginning, but I need to watch it nonetheless. Hopefully it has some good moments and isn't a complete waste of time.

I just watched Blade II on tv. what a pile of tosh. the high speed fights looked like girlies having a slap fight. cool set designs though. Shame I spent most of the time looking at that rather than what the 'actors' were doing.

watched a pirate copy of Flushed away much more entertaining. and inventive.

The Ant Bully felt like a cross between Antz and A bugs life. watchable but ultimately dissatisfying.

Party Monster was a much better experience. Mcauley Culkin gave a good performance even if he delivered all his lines in a weird manner. Seth green made the movie believable though. Miscast as he was he gave it a sense of gravity. I've ended up watching it several times as I introduced other people to the movie. I think one of the things I find appealing about this film is the lack of sex. It's so cool to get a movie that focuses on the excesses of a group of people like this and doesn't resort to using sex to titillate.
    It's almost a horror story really. the build up to the gory conclusion is smartly handled and the cold and unremorseful character of Alig is deftly portrayed.
    It feels mre like a TV movie i suppose. something that might have come from HBO. Not a movie for everyone but definitely worth a viewing.