Page 53 of 431 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
    Wasn't Jason Bateman in The Bates Motel ? (which was a made for TV movie, I believe).

Uke, you are in for a WILD ride with SFU, what a fantastic show. It really made me think more about death. And I'll tell you this much, THAT show went out in style...unlike Carnivale and Deadwood which weren't given a chance.

Be sure to visit the SFU thread(s) here and let us know your thoughts.

Saw The Cat Returns from Studio Ghibli (based on an idea by Miyazaki, though he didn't direct it) today. Very good movie, also. It's a testament to the quality of Studio Ghibli's work that this was apparently geared toward preteen Japanese girls, and yet I enjoyed every second of it. Maybe not as much as, say, My Neighbor Totoro or Spirited Away, but pretty close.

Oddly, the statue of The Baron from Studio Ghibli's Whisper of the Heart is a major character here, but the story is far more magical than WOTH, which is mostly realistic. It's almost like Kilgore Trout from Vonnegut's novels: the character will show up in every book, but rarely, if ever, is actually the same.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    I'm going to one day just buy that box set of all 6 seasons. It'll be a great weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    Six Feet Under is a awesome show. I want to buy the box set.
    That box set is awesome. Unfortunately I don't have the set, I just have the individual seasons. I'd be all over the box set though; the grass on the top is a great touch.

I thought there were only 5 seasons JMG?

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Uke, you are in for a WILD ride with SFU, what a fantastic show. It really made me think more about death. And I'll tell you this much, THAT show went out in style...unlike Carnivale and Deadwood which weren't given a chance.

Be sure to visit the SFU thread(s) here and let us know your thoughts.
    Good to hear that the show ends/wraps up in a good way. That really is comforting to know. Carnivale got the shaft and the lack of some closure with that show really sucks something awful. I haven't seen Season 3 of Deadwood yet so I'm not sure how that one went out.

I would check out the SFU threads but I'm sure I'd find spoilers galore. I'll definitely look at them when I finish watching the show and I'll let you guys know what I think.

The past couple of days I watched a few more episodes of Six Feet Under so I'm almost done with Season One. I should be able to start Season Two sometime this weekend. I still love the show. All of the characters are fantastic, yet they are so different. The show makes it work though, really well might I add. That Brenda sure is something else. I love the premise too; how they start a show off with someone dying and the show revolves around the main characters' personal lives while fitting in with the business aspect of it, setting up the funeral, talking with the family, etc. It is very well done. I won't really elaborate too much more on the show incase there are people who have yet to see it and might want to watch it sometime in the future (which I would highly recommend). It is a very enjoyable show and I look forward to watching it everyday.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Deadwood went out worse than Boba Fett in ROTJ.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    I believe I tried to warn you a while back Ji'dai.
    Yeah, live and learn I guess.

I was pleasantly surprised by the thriller The Descent. Group of women exploring a cave get trapped inside and must find an alternate route out, but this cavern is home to more than just bats. Lots of great suspense even before it became a horror movie halfway through.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I saw Norbit last night, hoping it'd be as funny as "Coming to America" or "The Nutty Professor". I was a bit disappointed, though it had its moments.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Last night I watched a pretty bad movie called The Grudge 2. It failed to deliver on almost every aspect. I really enjoyed the first one, much like kidhuman , but this sequel was more than disappointing. It was awful. If you didn't like the first one, don't even bother with this one. If you did like the first one, I still woudln't bother with this one.

I also watched a couple more episodes of SFU and the show continues to impress. I haven't finished season one yet but I should either today or tomorrow.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I saw Smokin' Aces and I feel the need to take a shower on account of the sleaziness.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    I saw Norbit last night, hoping it'd be as funny as "Coming to America" or "The Nutty Professor". I was a bit disappointed, though it had its moments.
    Eddie Murphy hasn't been funny since the '80's.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!