Page 57 of 431 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
    Eddie Murphy Raw is probably his best stand up (with Delirious close behind).

Aunt Bunny. Nuff' said.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Goony-goo-goo!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    Hmmmm... sounds interesting. Was this film any good Ji'dai? I love Ray Harryhausen. His special effects are classic.
    It was passable, but I've seen better b-movies from this era. The giant squid effects weren't terribly impressive, at least not like Harryhausen's later work on Jason and the Argonauts, or my favorite, Clash of the Titans.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    It was passable, but I've seen better b-movies from this era. The giant squid effects weren't terribly impressive, at least not like Harryhausen's later work on Jason and the Argonauts, or my favorite, Clash of the Titans.
    Jason and the Argonauts is fantastic. I actually watched that a couple of months ago. I purchased The Fantastic Films of Ray Harryhausen: Legendary Monster Series a while back and that was the first movie I watched. I own Clash of the Titans too but I haven't seen it in forever, outstanding movie though. Those are my two favorites of Harryhausen thus far. I haven't seen all of his work yet, but those two will be hard to beat.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Just got back from seeing Ghost Rider tonight.

Thought it was a pretty good movie. Liked the special effects.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Eddie Murphy Raw is probably his best stand up (with Delirious close behind).

Aunt Bunny. Nuff' said.
    I always thought "Delirious" topped "Raw" for a few simple reasons: James Brown, Elvis, Stevie Wonder and Mr T's new sexual experiences. Still, "Raw" is fantastic. I was UBER happy when "Delirious" hit DVD earlier this month. Only about 10 bucks; great purchase!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I haven't seen Delirious yet, but I'm making it a priority to watch it. Maybe even buy it before seeing it, like I did with Raw.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Delirious is well worth the "buy before seeing". And at $10 it makes it that much easier. If you like Raw then you'll surely like this one. It's got it's great moments.

I just realized that I had the two of the videos (Raw and Delirious).

Delirious is the better of the two. Raw is funny but Delirious was the one that I was talkin' about up above.
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 02-23-2007 at 12:11 AM.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Alright... I finished Six Feet Under season 3 last night. The ending of that season was much stronger than it's beginning, imo. Definitely some wild stuff going on. So now I'm really excited about starting season 4, which I should get to today... hopefully.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    I always thought "Delirious" topped "Raw" for a few simple reasons: James Brown, Elvis, Stevie Wonder and Mr T's new sexual experiences. Still, "Raw" is fantastic. I was UBER happy when "Delirious" hit DVD earlier this month. Only about 10 bucks; great purchase!
    I agree with you, JMG. I just watched Delirious and I thought it was funnier than Raw. I loved the story of his aunt falling down the stairs.

I also caught a showing of Reno 911! Miami today. It was very funny. Now I have seen a few episodes of the show, but I didn't watch it religiously. You don't need to be a fan of the show to enjoy this one.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]