Page 61 of 437 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Just finished up Tombstone. Still a great movie.

Great performance by Val Kilmer. My two favorite lines in the movie come from him: "I'm your huckleberry" and "you're a daisy if you do."
    I always loved "I'm in my prime." and "I got two guns, one for the each of you." And let us not forget the inscription on Lester Moore's tombstone. Also lets not forget about a fat Billy Bob showing up along with Cy Tolliver as well.

As for me I just got done watching Team America World Police.

"We've got alot of quilting to do!"

I liked when Doc shoots Ringo "You ain't no daisy", other favorite lines "My hypocrisy goes only so far" later followed by "I lied, my hypocrisy know no bounds."

Well, I just finished watching "The Prestige" a good movie, but why is it that Hollywood seems to be running with these "The Usual Suspects" story lines. There always has to be a big long conspiracy at the end, where the audience goes "Wow, I didn't see that one coming".

Anyway, it was a very good film and I recommend watching it sometime.
    May the force be with you.

my fave DH line is "Wyatt, you're an OAK."

I even had VK write that on an 8x10 pic...except he changed Wyatt to my name, natch.

I just watched that lemony snicket movie. Finally a Jim Carrey movie I can watch. A cool little tale and a lovely visual style to the movie. Some good use of CGI. I wasn't overly impressed with the subtitles for the baby and would have preferred a childs voice in voiceover but it didn't detract too much from the procceedings.
    And i always enjoy a movie that doesn't succumb to a stupid happy ending. the uncertain ending and fate of the characters here was deftly dealt with. And this one is definitely going to be added to my DVD library.

I too watched the prestige recently and found the movie over long and plodding. the style of the movie was excellent, good lighting and atmosphere. it was the twist that bothered me. far too contrived. like they jackhammered it in. frankly the device plot point and the unfortunate consequences of using it and the discovery of that fact was a good enough point to finish the movie on. more of a tragic note. the prolonged ending they gave the movie was I suppose more of an Edgar Allen Poe climax though and did remind me of Roger Corman movies. Which i suppose was part of the inspiration. The Poe element not the Corman campery.

I liked The Prestige until it got too sci-fi toward the end...by itself though, I do love the premise of dueling magicians.

Right now I'm watching Die Hard from 1988 on HBO. Wow, talk about a blast from the past ! And what's with that German guy firing a ROCKET LAUNCHER out the building window ?

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I liked The Prestige until it got too sci-fi toward the end...by itself though, I do love the premise of dueling magicians.
    I too thought it was a good movie but the twists and turns at the end were a little too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Right now I'm watching Die Hard from 1988 on HBO. Wow, talk about a blast from the past ! And what's with that German guy firing a ROCKET LAUNCHER out the building window ?
    Whats confusing about it?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Ummmmmmm, gee I don't know, maybe the sheer ridiculousness of it?

Thumbs down

I just watched a craptacular movie called Rest Stop. I'm some what lenient when it comes to horror movies, but this one was just awful. Avoid it at all costs.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Just finished up Tombstone. Still a great movie.

Great performance by Val Kilmer. My two favorite lines in the movie come from him: "I'm your huckleberry" and "you're a daisy if you do."
    Love this flick. Also like the line by Kurt Russel "You tell them I'm coming and Hell's coming with me.... Hells coming with Me"
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks