Page 81 of 437 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    I have it on my DVR still if you want, I could record to dare I say VCR for you?
    I'll pass, but thanks for the offer. I think I'll just buy it.

Its not a show, it a mini series that Sci-Fi made about a year or so ago.
    My bad. I'm surprised I didn't catch it when it originally aired. Are you sure there was a thread about the show here kh? If so, then I'd be shocked that I didn't catch it.

I was just looking at that, then I noticed DVDPlanet has it for $13.96 which ain't bad at all. I actually have some store credit there that I need to use too. So you'd recommend it as a blind buy kh? I trust your judgement.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I watched the movie "Meet the Robinson's" the other day.

It was a really good and funny movie. I'd have to say go and watch it and you can use the kids as an excuse (although all of the people I watched it with were over 20).
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post

My bad. I'm surprised I didn't catch it when it originally aired. Are you sure there was a thread about the show here kh? If so, then I'd be shocked that I didn't catch it.
    I just searched for it and didnt find it. I know I wanted to watch it when it was originally on, but work interfered with it. I was watching something the other night on Sci-Fi, think it was Painkiller Jane and saw the preview it was on again and set the DVR

I was just looking at that, then I noticed DVDPlanet has it for $13.96 which ain't bad at all. I actually have some store credit there that I need to use too. So you'd recommend it as a blind buy kh? I trust your judgement.
    If ya buy it and hate it, I will buy it from you.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Sarah Michelle Gellar drops in on the Grudge 2, the dismal sequel to remake of the Japanese horror film. The ghosts spread to the US, so I'm sure we'll see more sequels in this franchise. Unfortunately.

Gellar is sales rep trying to figure out the horrifying visions that have plagued her since childhood (or in the alternate ending, since birth) in the supernatural thriller The Return. Sweet Zombie Jesus was this one slow-going.

I'm not a big fan of crime drama, but The Departed was pretty solid fare. Director Scorcese chronicles three informants working both sides of the law in this one. Some big names (Jack Nicholson, Leo DeCaprio, Matt Damon) supported by big names (Alec Baldwin, Martin Sheen, and Mark Wahlberg) all lend talent and believablity to the story. Helluva ending.

Penelope Cruz and Salma Hayek play latter-day Robin Hoods in the craptacular Bandidas. This western was written by Luc "Fifth Element" Besson.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    Sarah Michelle Gellar drops in on the Grudge 2, the dismal sequel to remake of the Japanese horror film. The ghosts spread to the US, so I'm sure we'll see more sequels in this franchise. Unfortunately.

Gellar is sales rep trying to figure out the horrifying visions that have plagued her since childhood (or in the alternate ending, since birth) in the supernatural thriller The Return. Sweet Zombie Jesus was this one slow-going.
    Does someone have a thing for Sarah Michelle Gellar?!?!?

Your write-ups are the best Ji'dai!

I've still been on the Seinfeld kick; almost finished with season 4.

Last night I watched Candyman. I love this movie. One of the better horror movies out there. This movie actually scared me when I first watched it. I love horror movies, as many of you know, but its rare for me to watch one and genuinely be scared, and Candyman accomplished this when I first watched it many years ago. Ya gotta love Virginia Madsen, Tony Todd and Xander Berkeley; they all deliver in this film. Can't forget about Ted Raimi either.
    "Helen....."
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

"Helen....."
    I can't tell you how many times I've been with family/friends and we'll be walking in a parking garage and SOMEBODY starts saying that. Oh, man, if i had a nickel for everytime......

Pops and I went to the local art theater and watched THE HOST on Friday evening. SUPERB monster movie; very original, very spooky, a few good scares, some humor and a few moving scenes. I highly HIGHLY recommend it!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    I can't tell you how many times I've been with family/friends and we'll be walking in a parking garage and SOMEBODY starts saying that. Oh, man, if i had a nickel for everytime......
    Good stuff!

That scene was very creepy the first time I saw it, hell, it still is.

Pops and I went to the local art theater and watched THE HOST on Friday evening. SUPERB monster movie; very original, very spooky, a few good scares, some humor and a few moving scenes. I highly HIGHLY recommend it!
    Never heard of it. Gwoemul ? Sounds pretty good. I'll check it out on dvd.

Still on my Seinfeld tear. Almost done with season 5 now.

Last night I watched Jeepers Creepers.

I finished up Seinfeld season 5 today. Great stuff.

But I plan on watching some movies this weekend...

Earlier today, after finishing up Seinfeld, I watched Cabin Fever.

I just finished watching The Hitcher (remake). This movie really wasn't all that bad. It was much better than I was anticipating, I actually liked it. It was a good edge of your seat thriller/horror movie. I even found myself screaming at the tv a couple of times. Sophia Bush is wicked hot too, I've had a thing for her for a while now. But like I said, this movie really surprised me. I'd recommend it as a rental, especially for those who are fans of the genre and have seen the original.

I plan on watching School For Scoundrels here in a few...

I plan on watching School For Scoundrels here in a few...
    This movie was okay; had it's twists and moments. Some parts were really funny, others fell short. Not as good as most of Todd Phillip's other work.

I started Seinfeld season 6 today, watched the first disc.

I also watched The Phantom of the Opera (2004) for the first time. I thought this movie was wonderful. I love the music and the story transferred really well into this film. Great acting, great singing, great directing, great production... everything was really well done. Two thumbs up.

Now I'm getting ready to watch De La Hoya and Mayweather. Is anyone else watching/going to watch this boxing match?

This movie was okay; had it's twists and moments. Some parts were really funny, others fell short. Not as good as most of Todd Phillip's other work.

I started Seinfeld season 6 today, watched the first disc.

I also watched The Phantom of the Opera (2004) for the first time. I thought this movie was wonderful. I love the music and the story transferred really well into this film. Great acting, great singing, great directing, great production... everything was really well done. Two thumbs up.
    I still need to finish watching season 7. I just finished year one of grad school, so i'll have a lot of free time this summer in between working, some reading and preparing my syllabus for both of the classes i'm teaching in the fall.

I was raised on the musical of PHANTOM, so I can't watch it because Michael Crawford IS the Phantom in my eyes. But Emmy Rossum....... You want a fun fact? Gerard Butler, who played King Leonidas in "300" IS THE PHANTOM in the movie version of "Phantom." How does that strike ya?!

I decided to have a Romero marathon tonight. Watched the Milennium Edition of "Night of the Living Dead" and now onto the extended cut of "Dawn of the Dead" which is my favorite cut. I doubt I'll get through it all tonight (ha, Miguel just took a bite of his woman's neck, love that part!), so it'll resume tomorrow evening maybe followed by "Day" and "Land." GOOD times!

I just wish that DDD would have another huge sale so i could get the whole series of SFU and some other stuff. What's taking them so long?!?!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"