Page 90 of 439 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
    Just threw in Tron.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I love that movie. It's so... 80s!!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Just finished Reno 911!: Miami
    Pretty good, but not nearly as good as the tv show.
    Nick Swardson should be in every comedy.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Watched a bunch of stuff lately and the trend shall continue this weekend.

Today I finished up Blow, which I started last night. I hadn't seen this movie in years; very solid movie. After Blow I switched paces and watched Anchorman which is just downright amazing as you all know. Hilarious movie. I plan on watching Wake-Up Ron Burgundy because I have never seen it and recently aquired the dvd (eBay). I just got through watching Ghost Rider which I thought was pretty bad. The first half kinda seemed promising but it went downhill. Some of the special effects were cool and Eva Mendes is hot but this is about all the movie had going for it; Sam Elliott is good people too, but he couldn't save this movie.

I've got several other movies from Netflix that I need to watch including Deja Vu and The Pursuit of Happiness, both of which I am looking forward to.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    I plan on watching Wake-Up Ron Burgundy because I have never seen it and recently aquired the dvd (eBay).
    I don't know what you paid, but I'm sure it was too much. Pretty much a bunch of bad deleted scenes stitched together. Its pretty painful to watch, especially compared to the awesomeness that is Anchorman.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    I've got several other movies from Netflix that I need to watch including Deja Vu and The Pursuit of Happiness, both of which I am looking forward to.
    actually, it's HAPPYNESS according to the film.

Current flicks:
    "The Prisoner, or How I planned to Kill Tony blair"- a documentary about an iraqi man and his brothers who were wrongfully accused of a plot to assassinate Blair. Very good film as it shows the relationship between the men and some US soldiers they met while imprisoned. A much needed film in these times. *** out of ****

"Breach"- TERRIFIC thriller and Chris Cooper gives a very solid performance. Phillippe is really solid here, right on par with his performance in "Flags of our Fathers." ***1/2 out of ****

"Big Nothing"- Pretty much a DTV flick starring Simon Pegg and David Schwimmer about a con gone wrong. Really horrible film that feels like a bad freshmen writing exercise. Stay faaaaar away. * out of ****

"Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    I don't know what you paid, but I'm sure it was too much. Pretty much a bunch of bad deleted scenes stitched together. Its pretty painful to watch, especially compared to the awesomeness that is Anchorman.
    It wasn't very much actually, for $15 I got the Anchorman Unrated DVD (which I already had), an Anchorman Best Buy Exclusive Bonus DVD and the Wake-Up Ron Burgundy dvd. I ended up selling the new copy of Anchorman for $6 too (since I already had it). Sucks to hear that you didn't enjoy it, I'll be sure to post my thoughts after I watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by JMG
    actually, it's HAPPYNESS according to the film.
    Whoops.

I ended up watching Deja Vu tonight and I enjoyed it. It wasn't really what I was expecting but it was still pretty good. Pretty wild too.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Watched Pan's Labyrinth.

Need to watch it again....uninterrupted.....because my first attempt to do so wasn't very successful at all. Liked what I saw, even with all the stops 'n' starts. The forest locations were taken around Segovia, Spain, which is a very beatiful part of the country. It was nice hearing Castilian Spanish, too (movie has English subtitles). Took me back to the good ol' college days in Madrid!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Currently enjoying a helping of American Gladiators
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Anchorman is in my top 5 comedies of all time but Wake Up was truly awful. I watched it once and wasn't compelled to watch it again...Anchorman on the other hand has been watched probably 50 (?????) times by me !