Page 93 of 436 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    In the last few days I watched The 40 Year Old Virgin, A Mighty Wind and Letters from Iwo Jima.
    It's all deadly.

Watched Gone in 60 Seconds (remake) today.... Eleanor....
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Watched Art School Confidential last night (by Daniel Clowes and Terry Zwigoff, the team that made Ghost World).
    Funny stuff, especially since I could relate to it. Others might not care for it so much.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    License to Wed

more like:

License to Dread

I liked it.

Shrek I (will fire up II when I'm done here).

Watched Higher Learning yesterday, great flick, love that movie.

Watched Dazed and Confused today
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Watched Higher Learning yesterday, great flick, love that movie.
    I actually watched that not too long ago. It is a great movie. Very powerful. It is one of John Singleton's best films, though I do like Boyz n the Hood better.

On a Steven Seagal kick. Watched Above the Law last night and going to take down Hard to Kill tonight. After that it is Out for Justice and Under Siege (easily the best one) followed by On Deadly Ground, then a viewing of Fire Down Below.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I didn't really care for Flags of Our Fathers. I've never had as much interest in the Pacific theater as I did for the European one though. I've also seen the History Channel doc on the Iwo Jima flag raising so the film didn't really break new ground for me.

I thought Apocalypto was pretty good. Who'da thunk anyone would make a movie about the Maya?! I'm not sure why they included the arrival of the first Europeans, since the Mayan Empire is considered a pre-Columbian (as in Christopher Columbus) civilization. It had pretty much collapsed several hundred years before the first Spanish conquerors set foot in the Americas.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

1408 - was ok, cool storyline. Samuel Jackson was under-utilized. John Cusack is a pretty good actor.

Sands of Iwo Jima - much better than Flags of our Fathers. Really cool to get a perspective from the other side. Really highlights the different outlook on warfare and dying the Japanese had. Many wasted lives due to suicide.

Night at the Museum - was ok, better than I thought it would be.